“One of the best I've visited in the bay area...”
Review of Musashi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Musashi
Ranked #158 of 726 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I'm pretty picky about Japanese restaurants. I'm often disappointed when visiting small neighborhood restaurants. Not so the case at Musashi. I had dinner with my daughter and friends here last night. Musashi is a small place - pretty unassuming. We had a 30 minute wait on a Saturday night. The quality of the fish (critical of course) was great and the preparation of all the dishes very good. The tsukemono (pickles) at the start got my attention since they were freshly prepared and "just like my Mom used to make". Don't expect a fancy place - just a top notch little place.

1  Thank gosaka

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

The rolls and the fish where fresh and tasty. Just wish they had more choices on the menu. Very basic. The seaweed salad was also good but again, very basic. It is off a very tiny side street. Seems like an old, dirty, rundown area, lots of panhandlers. Shocking this is the location of the University of California Berkeley.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

Food arrived on a variety of beautiful ceramics. Outstanding grilled items, try the tongue and the squid. Order a dinner and they will give you salad, miso soup, and pickled vegetables along with the main (meat and sautéd veg). Great selection of sake. Excellent value for the price; happy hour until 7pm. Attentive waitress. Traditional Japanese feel. Recommended!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

"ohukuro no aji" That is what their sign outside says and It is so true. I've had various items here and 90% of them satisfies my japanese food needs. Agedashi Tofu, Chicken Kara-age, ika yaki, kakuni, gyu-don, chawan mushi, tempura to name a few are all good. Im not a fan of their wappa meshi but it very affordable price for what they put in them and what you get from the whole meal. Actually everything in general is very affordable, definitely less pricey than some of the other restaurants around them. In general I'd go here on a normal day over any of the other japanese restaurants that are in berkeley.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

While taking my Daughter to college this fall we stopped for lunch at this restaurant for Japanese food. My girls are gluten intollerant so Japanese is usually ok for us but this place was great! Very traditional place and good prices! and very good tasting!