2,175 results
All reviews double tree family pool walking trails cookies san francisco free shuttle cesar chavez park breakfast buffet shuttle service indoor pool the golden gate bridge easy access first floor upon check hotel restaurant business trip fitness center
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I called over 5 hours prior to check in to request that the down and feathers be removed from my room before my arrival, as I am allergic to them.

I checked in late at night after getting in from the airport. My bed had not only feather pillows but a feather comforter.

I called service and it took them 30-45 minutes to get to my room. In the meantime, I removed the allergens from my room/bed.

The staff member gave me a couple foam pillows at the door. I asked for blankets and sheets as I removed those that were surrounding the feathers. The staff member brought those to the door a few minutes later. I made up the bed myself as best I could, and got ready to go to sleep about 2 hours later than I expected, due to this issue. I am very frustrated that my request was not fulfilled, as they had plenty of time to do so after my call, and that I personally had to deal with removal of the feathers and remaking the bed up myself, very late at night. This overall experience was inexcusable. Too bad it was so late and i was so tired that i couldn't find other accommodations instead.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank SarahF3326
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Sarah F,
Please accept our apologies for your poor experience at our hotel. Yours is not the experience we intend for our valued guests. We understand the dire need for your request and are sorry for missing the mark on having your room prepared upon your arrival. I have provided my email address below, and hope that you will reach out to me directly, so we can discuss your time with us more personally that this forum will allow. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Hotel is not worth the prices charged. Outdated, dirty, amenities that do not work. Housekeeping did not clean room on second day of stay. Reported problems with housekeeping, room amenities, security, laundry to hotel staff and nothing was resolved. Wasted money on laundry room with dryer that didn't work and was not refunded or offered hotel laundry service. Do not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank dannw2017
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear dannw2017,
Please accept our sincere apologies for your poor experience at our hotel. We regret falling short on meeting your expectations and I hope you will reach out to me directly so we can personally discuss your time here and the concerns you faced during your visit. I have provided my email address below and hope to hear from you soon. We are currently in the process of renovating our property, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back once our updates are complete, so we can leave you with a better impression.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

It's a DoubleTree, not a Waldorf property, so I didn't spend a night here expecting to be blown away, however the property is just OK. It is clearly dated, and the downside of what I assume was new carpet is that it was still off-gassing in my room. If that wasn't the carpet, there were some other mysterious chemicals in my room. The room had a distinctly "motel" feel, and while not unclean, didn't feel particularly comfortable.

We only visited the restaurant for breakfast, which was pretty bare-bones.

Didn't stay long enough to really rate the service or other amenities.

For the money - it wasn't cheap, but that's also a product of the area it is in - I will be investigating other options on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JPK_YVR
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear JPK_YVR,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to our area. We are currently in the midst of renovating out property and refurbishing out rooms and it sounds like your time with us was impacted by these renovations. We truly apologize, as this is not the impression we intend for our valued guests. We hope you’ll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back once our updates are complete, so we can truly impress you with all we have to offer. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel to stay with family nearby. Lovely location right on the bay. Corridors at the hotel felt dated, but the rooms were nicely appointed.
Found it annoying that they charge for parking. I expect this at a downtown hotel, but not one in a suburban location.
We received passes for breakfast buffet, which offered a nice selection.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Ann Marie D,
We’re glad you chose to stay with us while visiting family in the Berkeley area. Although it sounds like you had an overall positive stay, I’m sorry to hear there were some misses. My team and I will review those together to make any necessary adjustments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you visit again soon, so we can have the chance to truly impress you. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Nice clean large room with a view. Hotel has several units and it could be a hike to the lobby and restaurant. Breakfast was great. There are restaurants that are only a short distance away. I would definitely book again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina and we thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the TripAdvisor community. For future visits, our staff will try to accommodate you as best as possible if you request a room closer to our common areas. It was great having you here and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Warm regards,