DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
US$169
  • Restaurant
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Marina Inn(Berkeley)
US$101
Travelocity
Downtown Berkeley Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
US$119
2,055 results
All reviewsdouble treewalking trailscookiessan franciscofamily poolcesar chavez parkfree shuttlebreakfast buffetshuttle serviceindoor poolthe golden gate bridgeeasy accessfirst floorfitness centerhotel restauranthousekeeping staffbart station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Located right next to Cesar Chavez park which has amazing and stunning views of SF. Very convenient to Berkeley and Oakland. Price is right. Staff is combo of helpful courteous folks and a couple of not so much. Room was clearly used by a guest with a dog before us and reaked as such. Having the window open for an hour cleared that out. I feel it would be better policy if the hotel would disclose upfront that you're in a pet room. Also the walls are paper thin. Was surrounded by a bunch of high school kids in for a competition which was quite noisy.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank miz liz G
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear miz liz G,
I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the gorgeous views of San Francisco our location offers and felt you received a good value. I am also, however, disappointed to hear your concerns. I understand each of your frustrations and will be looking into ways we can create a better guest experience using your feedback. We hope to see you back to visit the Marina again in the future.

Kindly,

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for several days in a king room with a Marina view. The view was great. The hotel is right next to Cesar Chavez Park which has several trails running thru it. There are some spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco from there. There is ample gated parking at this hotel. There is also a new ferry service running between the Marina and the ferry building area in San Francisco. We were able to take it back from a day in the City and that was a nice ride. The ferry dock is about a half mile walk from the hotel. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet during our stay. Our only problems while we were there were minor. The housekeeping staff forgot to leave any bath towels one day and forgot conditioner another day. Otherwise, a great stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear krinkler,
Your trip sounds wonderful! We’re glad our breakfast could fuel your exploration of the nearby city and nature. I do appreciate your notes, and will be sure to look into how we can avoid such issues in the future. Thank you for all of your lovely comments. We hope you’ll return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina again soon.

Kindly,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This hotel is full of pluses and minuses that I cannot really decide whether to stay here again until I think about the $22 ($20 + 10% tax) parking.

+ Great staff from housekeeping to front desk to restaurant to shuttle bus
+ Renovated room
- Renovation was not great - some furniture shows age, balcony door still old and my room door does not even close unless I pull/push hard
- Relatively small room
- Small bathroom with little counter space
+ Nice breakfast buffet variety
- Quality of the hot items is not great
- Tongs placed right on top of fruits - a health hazard
+ Interesting location
- Out of the way - really need a car
+ Shuttle can take you to Downtown Berkeley and BART
- Shuttle runs once an hour for drop-off
+ A small "Express Lounge" that provides water and some snacks

I think if they lowered the parking rate a little, I would be more likely to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Want2GoHome

Dear Want2GoHome,
We appreciate your detailed review. Both your compliments and feedback on points of improvement are incredibly important to us, as they give us an opportunity to better our guest services. We’re glad you enjoyed our shuttle service and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and would recommend you take a look on our website beforehand, to take advantage of some of our valuable, package deals which may help alleviate some of your concerns. We hope to you’ll reconsider and return for another stay with us at the DoubleTree by HIlton Berkeley Marina again soon.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I stayed here 2 nights and everything was amazing from start to finish. Front office staff was very helpful, room was very clean , quiet and secluded.
what stood most for me is their Bay Grill bar. I had some delicious wine and great starters. Aziz , my waiter was awesome, he was very professional and helped me with the menu selection. he made sure everything I needed was taken care of.

I will certainly go back again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ridi6

Dear ridi6,
I am so glad you had a wonderful time during your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina. It’s a pleasure to know you had a great time at our bar, in part, thanks to our great personnel. I look forward to passing your kind regards to both our office and wait staff. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed 7 March 2018

You cannot ask for more! I stayed here three nights. It is a great place to stay. I cannot believe any negative reviews of this place. It has it all! The price is more than fair, the room has everything, the pool is very nice, and the views from the room and restaurant are terrific. Housekeeping makes the room look like new daily. They leave you bottles of water daily. Great big tv, beds are very comfortable, everything is great. I really wish I could stay longer at this hotel! And one other point: if you can take Tideline shuttle over to San Francisco, do it! You need a reservation, and you have to go in the morning and return early evening, but for under $10 it is great!

Room Tip: Marina view!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful compliments on the DoubleTree Berkeley Marina. I was pleased to read that our property had everything you needed to make your stay great, in addition to Tideline water taxis who provide our guests easy access to the city of San Francisco. Letting us know that you wish your visit was longer, is indeed high praise.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Berkeley.
All the Best