2,186 results
All reviews double tree family pool walking trails cookies san francisco free shuttle cesar chavez park breakfast buffet shuttle service indoor pool the golden gate bridge easy access first floor upon check hotel restaurant business trip fitness center
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The guest rooms are starting to show their age and could use updating. The large number of homeless living in their campers along the road made us a little uneasy when walking to our vehicle at night, but this is a problem throughout Berkeley.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear gberube1,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Berkeley. Our team of staff will be happy to know how helpful you found their assistance, and I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for in the future.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with the surrounding neighborhood. Indeed, we have been working with the township for some time to attempt to resolve the issue. As every voice helps us get closer to a resolution, I encourage you to write to The City Manager (manager@cityofberkeley.info) to further press your concern.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 10 April 2018

This hotel is not what it is cracked up to be. I found that the room I was in was clean, but it was also a bit run down and old. Baseboards were cracked, bathroom small, dingy carpet (not dirty). I would not recommend staying here for the full price. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The lobby and public areas were newer and nicely kept. I was on the first floor and face the back. The rooms on the front of the hotel looked at the Marina which would obviously be nicer. I will say that the food in the restaurant was very good and the portions are big. The only other issue with the area is that there are several homeless camps nearby. A couple of the homeless people wandered in and out of the lobby, but did not seem to cause a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view of the Marina.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear cathycT8921HD,

It’s wonderful to know you found our staff helpful, our food options great, and our property overall well-kept. We’re in the process of making further updates so that we can keep our guest experience consistently outstanding. I understand the concerns you have listed as well, and have been working with the City of Berkeley City Manager to attempt to resolve them for some time. Every new voice that brings attention to the issue is helpful, and if you have a moment, please email manager@cityofberkeley.info to further express your concerns. I appreciate your thorough review and hope to see you return have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina as we were visiting family in Berkeley, but also wanted close proximity to San Francisco. It was a great location to do both those things. The location on the marina is nice and we thought the hotel bar/restaurant with the outdoor patio overlooking the water was a hidden gem. The rooms were spacious and it was nice to have a balcony, even though we didn't use it much. I didn't love that the hotel was pet friendly, as my son is allergic to dogs and we did experience a couple of nights of someone's dog barking/whining. We were there from Monday-Saturday and it was very quiet all week, but the hotel definitely became more lively on the weekend. I think that given the location & amenities, this hotel presents a good value for the size of its rooms, its price per night, its accessibility to both downtown Berkeley, UC-Berkeley, and San Francisco. We also had the opportunity to take a day trip to Calistoga (Napa region) from here and also to Monterey, and it was a convenient location for that as well. Definitely don't pass up the juice bar/shack that is on the corner heading towards the hotel - it is delicious. Fresh squeezed juice and smoothies. You can also order ahead so they have it ready for you in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear nicolekjanssen,

I love reading about a guest’s adventures through the surrounding Berkley, San Francisco, and Monterey areas, as they discover everything there is to explore. It’s always a pleasure to see our location make a family’s travels easier. Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed your room and view as well. I also appreciate your concerns, and will use your notes to look into how we can further ensure every guest’s comfort during their stay. I’m glad to see you had such an eventful visit and hope to see you back again soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've stayed here a couple of times now and have had a pleasant stay each time. Keep in mind, I've booked through a "name your own price" provider (cough cough...), paying around $80/nt. At that rate, it absolutely can't be beat in the bay area. Yes, the hotel is showing some signs of wear and tear, the road leading to the marina is straight out of a third world country and the walls are very thin (I could clearly hear someone blowing their nose in the next room). But, the staff are friendly, the grounds are very clean and well kept and the views are tough to beat. Overall, I'm happy to claim this property as my go-to when staying in the area. The Doubletree cookie provided upon check-in doesn't hurt either!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear ramudoi,

Our world-renown cookies are certainly a great treat, I’m happy you enjoyed some! Knowing you had a wonderful stay with us is a pleasure to read, but I also appreciate all of your feedback, and will be using your notes to see what further enhancements we can implement. Thank you for all of your kind compliments for the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, we’re excited to have earned your return patronage.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The DoubleTree Berkley Marina is a great hotel. I love the location because it is right on the water with access to a number of walking trails. The Hotel staff is incredible, taking care of anything I need. I stay at this hotel every time I come to the area, and the staff greets me by name and treats me like family.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear neillnepo,

It’s always a pleasure to hear from a repeat guest. I’m happy to see you have spent so much time enjoying the many beautiful trails surrounding the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina and appreciate your compliments for our staff. We’re glad to treat you like family every time you are here and wish to see you back soon!

With Kind Regards,