All reviews hot breakfast free breakfast would stay again free parking visiting family yogurt business center nice stay bed was comfortable san francisco bart station freeway university printer bay microwave upgrades
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I made a reservation, and for whatever reason by the time we got to the hotel it had been canceled (I do not know why the res was canceled... I made an instant hold only four hours before we got there and showed up at 9:30pm; not super late) The front desk clerk made the experience awkward and just kept telling me that there was no reservation. I eventually asked him if there was any vacancy, to which he replied there was. So why was he so matter of fact that I didn’t have a reservation? Basic customer service should have told him that I did not have a reservation but there is vacancy so it’s no big deal. I asked if he could just match the price that I got with my instant hold, which he obliged, but I should not have had to do the trouble shooting - that’s his job. Additionally he gave me a king room when I originally booked two queens, so we had to go back to the front and get a new room when all was supposed to be said and done. I’ll continue to stay at LaQuintas because I’ve had very positive experiences in general, but this check in experience was definitely not the customer service standard.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We always stay at the Berkeley La Quinta for 3-5 days during Christmas to visit family living in Berkeley (they don't have room in their home). We've always enjoyed our stays at La Quinta for their excellent service, quite location and morning breakfasts.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We stayed 12 nights in the hotel and we were very pleased with everything. The room was nice and clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was really good. We even tested the swimming pool although it was off season and the heating was off. The staff was pleasant and service minded. We do recommend the hotel for a stay in Berkeley and we will definitely choose this hotel again when we visit Berkeley next time, hopefully spring 2018.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalaviking
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I stayed here Because the other properties were sold out and I was. able to get a room for a couple nights. I wouldn't like to stay here again as the rooms were small and tired. Its okay if there's no other option but I cannot really recommend it. It does have free parking onsite.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank REED583
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We were disappointed in the rooms for several reasons. First, they were quite small ordinary rooms. Second, we were on the third floor on a cool day but the room was warm. There was a sliding door to a balcony, but it was permanently blocked so that the door would only open 5 inches. We couldn't get any air flow, so we tried the wall AC unit, which was very old and cracked with missing buttons. It did come on and worked, but was very loud, especially as it kicked on and off all night. Then the bathroom door was awkward because it is a heavy door, so when left open, it would slowly swing all the way open and bang into the closet door. With four people in the room, this happened a lot. Third, the lighting was poor for the people sleeping on the outer sides of the beds because there were no additional lights or outlets. Breakfast was just okay, but not enough for the amount of people eating and the pre-formed eggs were gross. Bedding was fine, but the place is not up to La Quinta standards.

1  Thank Sage C
Matt M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Sage,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and welcome the chance to improve for all future guest stays. Thank you again and we hope you enjoy your holiday season.

Matt