All reviews rooftop pool mineral pool rodeo drive laguna beach room service complimentary champagne rolls royce impeccable service four seasons restaurants and shops turn down service rooms are spacious house car car service five star hotel amazing hotel los angeles
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The Beverly Hills Montage is a real disappointment. From the moment you walk in, the service is very poor, everybody has an attitude problem, no one wants to help unless you are a superstar. The rooms are dark, room service arrived cold... Only positive is great location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Apeisach
Colm O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Apeisach,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us here on TripAdvisor. I am very disheartened, however, to hear of your disappointment following your stay. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further and have included my email address, below, so that you may reach out at a time that is most convenient for you.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Upon arrival, I felt at home! My trip to the Montage was to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Everyone was kind and accommodating; our room was lovely - two bathrooms, a sitting room and a bedroom with a large terrace. The concierge attendants were helpful, arranging our house car service and surprising my daughter with a thoughtful birthday treat in our suite.

On Sunday evening, at about 8:00pm, my daughters (10 and newly 13) and my 13 year old's friends - both 13, went to the rooftop pool. As we exited the elevator, kind staff members pointed us toward the pool. The children played a game of telephone in the pool, while I read beside the jacuzzi.

And here's where my humiliating, hurtful and disappointing experience begins...

I felt someone looking at me, so I stopped reading and see a man standing in front of me. This man was a Montage employee. He said "Only hotel guests are allowed here at this time. And are they with you?" (referencing the children) I said "I am a hotel guest." With shock, he then whips out this piece of paper and says "Name and room number." I provided him the information that he requested and then he said "Well, the pool closes at 10:00pm." And he walked away. Nothing that he said was at all in a polite way. He had zero kindness in his approach. And if questioning guests is part of the protocol, he was the only one following it and the protocol should not involve making guests feel unwelcome and under scrutiny.

I was in shock. I felt humiliated. And in that moment, I just wanted to keep my composure and end my daughter's birthday trip from the other side of the country on a positive note.

But tonight I sit wondering - what does a Montage hotel guest look like? And what about me didn't look like a guest at the Montage? My only guess is that my skin color had something to do with his treatment toward me.

I was reading by the pool, while black....

Humiliated. Hurt. Offended. Angry.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank court20191
Colm O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear court20191,

I am truly disheartened to hear that your time with us was not as it should have been and offer my deepest apologies for not delivering the service and experience you very much deserved during your stay, especially for such a special occasion. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience and have included my email address below, so that you may reach out at a time that is most convenient for you.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies and do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Great location, great food, and the staff is very pleasant. 3 instead of 5 stars for the following reasons...
-No coffee maker in the rooms, despite the fact that I have had Nespresso machines in my rooms at other Montage properties.
-We didn’t get the suite we originally booked. We were relocated for some reason, and the suite we ended up in was nice, but not quite what we were promised.
-We arrived early, exhausted, and after a long day of travel, we wanted a shower. They don’t have a room that guests can use to shower or change in before check-in time, and the spa was closed for maintenance. (Undisclosed at the time of booking). So, we had to sit around for 5 hours before our room was ready. That’s 5 hours of vacation we’ll never get back.
It was very disappointing. After a long day of travel, feeling grimy and tired, a person wants to prepare before hitting Rodeo Dr. or any other BH activities. This was a horrible first impression, and if not for Saodat, who has excellent customer service, we would have probably cancelled our reservation and moved to another hotel.
-Each morning the bathroom in our room smelled like sewer gas. This was, of course, before it was used by anyone. I’m not sure if it was the ventilation system, or some issue with bad plumbing, but all four of us noticed it every morning.
-They need more chairs and fewer cabanas around the pool. All of the chairs are usually taken by 9:00-9:30 am. I never saw anyone in a cabana, even though there were about 10-12 for rent. If they’re not being purchased, the hotel should convert some of them to regular chairs so all guests can be accommodated. The hotel was full, the pool deck was full, but the cabanas were empty.
In summary, it’s a great location with a fantastic staff. I would highly recommend they do something to address how to accommodate people who arrive prior to check-in, and look into that plumbing problem, (or whatever it is). Finally, they need to put a coffee maker or Nespresso machine in each room/suite like the other Montage properties.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Derek C
Colm O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Derek C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you received such excellent customer service during your stay, however am disheartened that it was overshadowed by some of these experiences you've mentioned otherwise. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further and as such, have provided my email address, below, so that you may reach out at a time that is most convenient for you.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time and do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The Montage in Beverly Hills has excellent service. The location is centrally located in the heart of Beverly Hills and near Century City. The roof-top restaurant (where the pool is located) is a great place to have brunch. Also, the Garden Bar is a fun place to grab drinks and entertain friends. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Colm O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Steven M,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable time at the hotel, including your time spent at The Rooftop Grill and The Garden Bar. I am particularly appreciative of your comments regarding the excellent service you received and will be sure to share your kind words with all of our associates here at Montage Beverly Hills.

I hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed in the Montage in a lovely large family room overlooking the quiet courtyard. The welcoming, personal attention by the friendly staff always made us feel like the enjoyment of our visit was their goal. The amenities that we enjoyed the most was lunch in the shade beside the roof top pool, cocktails in the garden, lounging in the grotto spa whirlpool and the chauffeured car. They arranged for the chauffeured Maybach to take my teenage daughter and I to the Ivy for lunch and shopping. A mother/ daughter experience that we will always treasure and laugh about.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 19seaair
Colm O, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear 19seaair,

Thank you for taking the time to share this delightful review of your recent stay at Montage Beverly Hills. I am so glad to hear about your memorable experience with us - from your time spent by our rooftop pool and enjoying cocktails at The Garden Bar to dining on Robertson and shopping throughout Beverly Hills. I am particularly grateful for the recognition you've given our incredible team of associates and will be certain to share your kind words with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and do hope it will be soon.