“Not Fast but GREAT Food.”

Teddy Bear Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Stopped in on a Saturday nite.
Service a bit slow but food was well worth the wait.
Everything appeared to be good.
I had a Hamburger, Wife got Pulled Pork.
Pie was good also.

NOTE: CASH ONLY

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Rating would have been higher if I was just rating the food.

I happened to time my arrival before a huge breakfast rush on a Saturday morning. There was one large group in front of me. I was asked to sit at the counter and responded I’d really rather have a table. After watching two groups of two that arrived after me get seated, before the host could seat someone else who arrived later I got in the hosts face and said I think I’m next.

Once seated, things improved although trying to get coffee refills was difficult. I ordered the Teddy Bear Benedict, which included great cheddar biscuits as the base and tons of pastrami on top smothered with gravy. Very filling but very good. Also reasonably priced at $12 for the large serving size.

They only accept cash but do have an ATM in the lobby.

It appeared as though there was a second room that was not open, probably due to it being off season. As a result there was a wait for tables as there were only 12 or so tables and about the same number of counter seats.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We were there for dinner, they had a special on pot roast, which was delicious and plenty. It's a family run business and the first restaurant of Big Bear. Quiet and friendly place.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I love this place! Old hometown feeling and love that it only takes cash. I sit at the counter all the time. Their pies are delicious. A must stop for sure.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank stephen957
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We was traveling around California for two weeks and eating every day pancakes and omelettes ... but in this place was BEST Blueberry&Pecan nut pancakes ever! If you are not starving don’t order full portion, because it’s huge :D!

Date of visit: September 2018