“Awesome staff, great location, but...”
Review of Timberline Lodge

Timberline Lodge
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband, two dogs, and I stayed here over the weekend in Feb. 2012. We rented a studio cabin and stayed in unit 12.

Pros: Amazing staff; they are helpful, accommodating, and very nice. They have a big selection on VSH movies that you can use for free and an OK playground for the kids. The location is perfect. A very short drive to the village or the lake, if it wasn't so cold we probably could have walked it’s so close. The outside of the property and the lobby are very well maintained. The inside of our cabin was clean. Came with a mini fridge, fireplace, tv, vcr, small breakfast table, coffee maker (coffee, creamer, sugar), microwave (no utensils), and free wifi.

Cons: The inside of the cabin is old. I don't even want to think about how many times the blankets and towels have been used and washed. Everything seemed very clean but clearly used and washed hundreds of times. Needless to say the blankets and towels are not soft. The bathroom is very old also. The bathtub/shower was clean but yellow from being so old and the bathtub caved into the center so it made it awkward to stand in when showering. All I can say is don't except anything fancy or new.

I don't know if I would stay again. If I do I will be taking my own pillows, blankets, and towels.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2012

This place is great, it is like a cozy home away from home. My room had a fireplace and full kitchen. There was a sofa and coffee table in front of the TV and fireplace. I was on a business trip this time, but I wish my girlfriend would have been with me because it has a very warm and romantic feeling to it. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My children and I have been vacationing at Timberline Lodge for almost six years now. As a single mom who travels alone with my children, I look for the safest, cleanest, and most accommodating places to stay. Management has always made our stay comfortable and I appreciate the professional and courteous treatment we receive each year. I would recommend to others who desire a similar experience, and we will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I had a great experience at this property! But be sure and temper your expectations as this is a 2 star property that is lacking some areas. These cabins are "cozy" and close to town just don't expect a modern cabin with new amenities. My wife and I went for a weekend of skiing at Snow Summit and the cabin served its purpose and we loved our real fireplace with the 0 degree temps outside. The sheets/comforter needed replacing and the laminated directions to the heater that were pasted to the wall took away some of the old charm. So if you are looking for a budget friendly cabin with a real fireplace, this is the place for you and I also have to mention the lodge attendant was very helpful and enhanced my experience at Timberline Lodge.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

great place to stay. management very hospitable, friendly and courteous. fair price and good location. aprx 3 minutes drive into city of big bear. close to attractions such as ski slopes, alpine slide and zoo. stayed in 2bdrm cabin w/full kitchen. perfect for small family. very comfortable in regards to space and amenities. would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family