“Good!”

Rhino Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Wasn't sure which of the few restaurants to pick... had great service and good food.
It got super busy and they handled it well!

A TripAdvisor Member
Dresden, Germany
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We have been there on a Monday some minutes after 11am and where looking forward to a typical American breakfast. Unfortunately they did only serve breakfast until 11am. However, we decided to stay as we really enjoyed the atmosphere. We ordered some sandwiches and fries and the food was delicious, especially the fries where extraordinary (maybe the best fries I've eaten in my entire life!) Also we could not finish our sandwiches because they where huge :D That's why we got a box to take them away on our trip. The price was absolutely reasonable and our waitress was really nice. We would definitely come back!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were excited to take our son here for the first time. We always eat at Rhino's in Bridgeport, generally 4 or 5 times a year.
We stopped in Sunday night, about 7:00, exhausted after a 14 mile hike on Tioga, on our way home, two hours away. We hoped to pop in and get a quick burger before continuing home.
We went in and there were two empty tables and a girl told us to sit wherever we wanted. So we sat down and looked at the menu. I was so disappointed to see my favorite burger, the Teriyaki Burger was no longer available! The waitress told us it wasn't popular so they removed it. My husband and I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger, my son the Garden Burger and Mozzarella Sticks.
We ordered right after the couple next to us. At around 30 minutes after ordering, our Mozzarella Sticks finally arrived when they brought the couple's meal next to us and they were very good.
It was another 20 minutes before our burgers arrived and we were almost going to leave.
So the burgers are much smaller than they used to be and the amount of fries was about half of what they used to serve! They were still very good, just not anywhere near the value we have come to expect. So we ate quickly so we could get back in the road, since we have now been there for an hour. During that time the couple next to us, who finished before our burgers even arrived, were ready to pay and could not get their check. They just left some money on the table and walked out.
We had not seen our waitress since she brought our burgers and we waited about 10 minutes and she was no where to be found. We stood up hoping someone would notice and bring out check- nothing! I finally caught a girl going by, who didn't even look at us until I had to practically yell at her that we needed our check. She asked who our waitress was and I said, " I don't know but she was terrible!"
So another guy finally brought our check (to be honest I really wanted to just walk out and leave a few dollars, since not one of the 4 employees was paying any attention to us and the place was nearly empty by now) and asked how everything was. I told him I was very disappointed and asked if they had new management. He said they did. I told him I could tell as the burgers were much smaller and he tried to tell me they were the same size. We didn't feel like arguing about that or the amount of fries, so my husband just signed the receipt and left no tip. Hope they get the message!
The only reason I did not give them a terrible rating is the burgers are still good.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This place really hit the spot after hiking. The burgers are good (I had the patty melt) and the beer is cold. I liked the vibe -- dive bar-ish with country music playing.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Lively atmosphere.Good friendly service.Great burgers and excellent choice of beers.As visitors from England we were astonished to see a cricket bat behind the bar!