“An honest burger served with a local smile”
Review of Jolly Kone

Jolly Kone
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Bridgeport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I love this place - solid burgers and fries, friendly and local. Just the thing after wetting a line. Thanks Jolly Kone for keeping it real.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We had an early lunch here, then spent the afternoon hiking and swimming and soaking at hot springs, then stopped for ice creams late in the day. Everything was good, the staff were friendly, the price was fair, and the bathrooms were clean too! I was impressed at the vegetarian options at this burger and ice cream joint on the main drag through town, try it next time!

Salmon Burger - Very good (one person said it was too soft/squishy)
Black bean chipotle burger - Excellent (add mushrooms to make it perfect)
Fries & Curly Fries - Both OK, the regular fries were great, the curly fries were a bit overcooked, dry and brittle
Ice Teas - Arizona in the can, but the can tops were clean, not everyplace thinks to wipe down their can tops which can be really gross from storage dust and dirt
Ice Cream - Absolutely Fabulous - Pick a flavor and cover it with good chocolate, yum.

Prices very fair, not cheap but you get good portions and good food for the cost
2 Salmon Burgers, 2 fries, 2 ice teas = $20
1 Black Bean Chipotle Burger with Mushrooms, curly fries & ice tea - $14
3 Chocolate Dipped Ice Creams were less than $10

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We ate here on a couple of occasions while staying in Bridgeport.The burgers are excellent and the dipped cones truly delicious.Excellent value

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Whenever we travel Hwy 395 we always make it a point to stop at the JK for at least a cone or lite snack. This place has so much character and the staff of courteous young people are so nice. We were on our way back from a week long road trip and I had been over eating. I simply wanted some low carb bacon slices and egg but that wasn't on the menu. Upon my request the young counterman quickly conferred with the cook and my food appeared without the complaint I would have received from our rude SoCal fast food staff. Always a pleasure to do business with these people.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I have been coming through Bridgeport for many decades and the Jolly Kone has always been here, it's an Easter sierra institution. We just had 2 dipped cones this time but all the food is good. The only complaint I have with the JC is their hours are too short, they open late in the morning and close early in the evening. If your an early riser then forget breakfast here or if you eat after 6 or so then you'll have to go elsewhere.