Ways to Experience Knott's Berry Farm
More Info
from US$91.29
More Info
4,407 results
All reviews ghost rider ghost town silver bullet log ride camp snoopy theme park pony express roller coaster chicken dinner old west fast lane funnel cake all ages fried chicken magic mountain six flags season pass
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Had a blast with the family and made great memories will be returning real soon. Hopefully the temp is the same

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 9 June 2021

I, an older teenager, have EDS and my younger brother, an elementary schooler, has autism. Due to this, I walk with a cane and cannot physically stand without pain setting in for more than a couple minutes. My brother also gets extremely stressed from long waits and the feeling of confinement in a line. I was expecting that both of us would be out of commission after about 2 hours and need to go home from me being in too much pain and him being too stressed and that it would probably not be that great of an experience, but we lasted 6 hours and had fun the whole time. The disability accommodations are incredibly amazing, and so much better than so many other places I've been to, including calmer venues like museums.

The Boarding Pass system for disabled guests is just wonderful. When you enter, you go to guest services and let them know what's going on and you get your boarding pass with no trouble at all. One pass covers three guests so my brother and I didn't need separate ones and could stay together with our mother the whole time which was great. The system works like you go to your first ride, they mark the time you enter and based on the average wait time of park rides, they then write the time for how long you have to wait before using your Boarding Pass on the next ride. So unlike other places, you're not cheating the system, it largely discourages people lying or faking a disability to get on rides faster, and it doesn't make you feel bad for "cutting" the line, because you're not cutting the line at all.

What the boarding pass allows you to do is enter the ride in an area that requires less walking/standing and gives elevators for rides that need it, it lets you take your time in slowly walking from one place to another, and allows you to rest and wait outside of the ride area which is great for if someone is getting overwhelming/overstimulated or for needing a seat. By being able to wait outside the main line, we had such a great time through the whole day.

Additionally, in terms of accessibility with getting on and off the rides, the staff were all super helpful about my use of a cane, on almost all the rides we went on (since we generally avoided the super fast thrillers like supreme scream or xcelerator), since my cane is foldable, I was able to just fold it up and keep it with me and have the security of knowing I have it on me. On the one ride where I couldn't keep it with me, the employees running the ride held on to it and were very good about getting it back to me once the ride was finished.

The food allergy services are also wonderful. There are gluten and dairy allergies in my family, and unlike most other places where it's expected that a full meal won't be found and we'll just have to wait until we get home to eat, there were actually multiple venues across Knott's that had real, filling food everyone could eat.

There are probably more good things I'm forgetting to mention, but all in all, this was an amazing experience for 2 disabled people going to Knott's together, and lots of other places could learn from them and their strides in truly making this enjoyable for everyone.

Date of experience: June 2021
2  Thank 61honeys
Reviewed 8 June 2021

To all of those people who think this park is run down and bad, The company is very nice and has more parks all around the U.S. and one in Ontario, Canada. After visiting this place for the first time i absolutely f*cking loved it. We got PERFECT service and we barley had to wait in line, even though we didn't have the FastLane Ticket. I came here with one of my best friends and my mom and it was my first time going since around when i was 3. I'm 13 now and i loved this park. It has a lot of entertaintment value and has a lot of historical value. The only thing i was bummed about was not being able to eat at the chicken place. I will try to go to the restruant and make a youtube video on it someday. We also got on ghost rider when the wait for it was 5 minutes long, and we got on Pony Express, HangTime, Xcellerator, The Log Ride, Montezooma's Revenge, Jaguar, and Silver bullet in under an hour. Cedar Fair is one of the greatest theme park companies ever, Outclassing Disney and Unviersal in Both Cost and Thrill. 10/10 Park

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

I’m so glad to have Knott’s Berry Farm back open again! They’re really going all out for the 100th Anniversary Celebration! The food is great as always and pass holders from last year are being taken care of well by having their passes extended throughout the new year and beyond! There are plenty of photo ops highlighting former attractions like the Haunted Shack, Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, Sky Jump, Soapbox Racers and the “K” off the Sky Cabin. There are QR codes hidden throughout the park that unlock short videos on various Knott’s history aspects! A new “K” Tower Lighting Show includes special lighting and fireworks! New character meet & greets include Whittles the prospector and Boysen-Bear and Crafty Coyote Pups! The latter ones tie in to the new ride Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair, which is a interactive dark ride! Various shows and live music are available throughout the day and for Summer Nights! All this, plus the other rides and attractions make this a place and summer, not to be missed!

2  Thank 4stevemandy
Reviewed 10 May 2021

My kids and I made our reservations for Friday, May 7th 2021. Yes, masks are mandatory except when seated and eating. The museums and Bird Cage Theater as well as the School House, arcades, etc... were kept closed. We did manage to ride the new "Knott's Bear-y Tales 4D"... Mehhh... It was a quick and sloppy revamp of "The Iron Reef" and I mean that literally. The staging room before the boarding area was simply a new paint job over "The Iron Reef" fixtures. The ride itself is basically a moving cart with a goofy string pull "Bear-y Gun"... What a huge disappointment, but to be honest, I expected exactly that. Don't waste your time waiting in line. When they decided to spend more than $20 for different color paint, and actually bring back the animated characters, THEN I will stand in line...

As for the rest of the park. All of the rides were up and running. Calico Mine, Log Ride, Train, all of the roller coasters, drops, spinners, etc... were open and running. The only ride that wasn't running was the stage coach.

The "peekins" that edge Main Street STILL don't have the hand carved characters back in them which leads me to believe they will be demolishing them sometime in the future (like they tried to do several years ago, but were called out on it and caved and claimed they were just "restoring" them, which was clearly a lie). The Main Street Shooting Gallery was operating but only had 1 working gun (they had over a year to fix it, ugh!). Other than Johnny Rockets, I believe all of the food places were up and running. A few food service hick-ups, but over all they were fine (new employees not completely confident on the cash registers is all). The train robbers/gate keepers did a great job of interacting with the crowds. The crew at the Pan for Gold were very attentive, engaging and fun. Overall, I would say the staff/employees were in a very upbeat mood and eager to try and make your stay fun.

They still have sarsaparilla in the saloon, but the show is canceled until further notice. The lines for the rides moved fairly quick. The coins have all be extracted from the different "wishing well" hot spots. They do have plexiglass dividers up in areas to " help with distancing".

It felt good to be back and enjoy the place. I look forward to the day the mask BS is over and the park returns to it's prior glory.

2  Thank scarez2021