“Not As Good Chicken Dinner”

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 254 Restaurants in Buena Park
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We ate there right after the remodel a few years ago. The food was very good. This time the family ate there and the food was not as good. The chicken was more greasy and mashed potatoes no real flavor. Biscuits were very and plenty of them. Server did a very good job with keeping us in liquids and where our order stood. Don't think we will eat there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We heard about the chicken here and it lived up to my expectations. Everything was wonderful. Nice break from the park.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My family visited Mrs Knott’s for the first time on a Saturday. We found out via Google that wait times are low the earlier you go during the day. We went at 12:30 pm and were immediately sat.

This place gives you so. Much. Food. If you can’t eat a lot I would suggest splitting the dinner portion with a family member.

My husband and I ordered the chicken dinner ($21.99) which includes drop biscuits with Boysenberry preserves and butter, salad AND soup (it’s the best chicken soup I’ve ever had. It’s amazing), choice of vegetable (corn or cabbage and ham), the entree (we received a fried chicken drum, wing, thigh, and breast) which included mashed potatoes and country gravy, and to top it all off a slice of pie (we got Boysenberry, DUH).

It’s a ton of food. My husband and I shared the entree and still took some to go.

Service was fast and friendly (we went early in the day—peak times may have slower service).

The interior of the restaurant is cute and I’m told it’s recently renovated. Also, you do not have to pay admission to eat at Mrs Knott’s. The restaurant is located adjacent to the park’s main entrance along a cute Main Street with souvenir shops and a TGI Friday’s.

The restaurant is the whole reason Knott’s Berry Farm exists so try to go when you visit the theme park.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Get the chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was some of the best food we had during our stay in Anaheim.

1  Thank Tiffany K
Reviewed 21 March 2018

recently went for dinner with family after not having been for many years, it is totally remodeled, love the history kept thought, food still great, portions are huge, Fried chicken is fried chicken good , but this day was a bit undercooked. but loved it anyway