“Good but not amazing”

Han Yang Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 243 Restaurants in Buena Park
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Because this place is small parking is tough and waiting is a given. They even have signs telling you to be patient because the wait can be long. I liked their efficient ordering system. After telling us that the table would be ready soon, they took our order. About 5 min later we were seated and a minute later our food arrived.

Most of us got the ox bone soup (Sul-Long-Tang) and it was so bland, until I added some salt and presto, it came alive. The brisket was a bit dry and bland so next time I would try a different meat. I also tried the Bibimbap that my friend ordered and it was very good. With all the accolades and hype, I expected amazing food but it's comparable to Los Angeles Korea Town restaurants so I didn't understand the fuss. However, I didn't try their home-made ban-chans (I don't like spicy food) and my friend said they were really good.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I love this place. The wait can be up to 20 minutes, but it's definitely worth it. I highly recommend their kalbi tang and octopus bibimbap. As a bonus, it's in a cute googie style building.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

This restaurant is a little different than other Korean restaurant that I have been to, in my opinion. The dishes offered are different. I had the pork donkatsu. The portion was huge. I had to share it with my companion. Its taste was OK. I have had better. I was told that their beef rib soup was their signature dish. I will have to try it the next time

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was packed on a Tuesday evening with Koreans, so we dove into a new experience. Being the only Caucasians there, the lovely waitress explained the menu to us and offered suggestions, which we tried. It was all very flavorful and hot spices could be added from containers on our table. My husband's dish was delicious, my soup came with short ribs on the soup and scissors to cut the meat off the bone. A little bland. Our son loaded his up with spices and loved it.
Try it for something different. Small place, very casual.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

this place was referred by a colleague and they were on spot!
We order take out from this restaurant once a month. The Galbi Tang is AWESOME and we order beef bi bim bap and the pork donkatsu with it. The food is always consistently delicious & fresh. Price is very affordable as the portions are large. Good luck getting a table there as it is very small and can get stuffy. That's why we prefer to call in and take out. You won't be disappointed.