“A Favorite”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Yes, it is in a strip Mall and it doesn't look like much from the outside. But it's what"s inside that counts. It truly is a Bistro in both decor and menu. This is a great restaurant with a wonderful staff and great food. Every time we eat here we're always make to feel like their happy to us. The menu is varied and has something for everybody. Our last time here I started with the Mussels and Chorizo, my wife had the Lentil soup both a taste treat. I had the Lamb Chops with root vegetables, prepared perfectly, my wife had the Lobster Ravioli and loved them. The desserts were very tasty both my wife's Chocolate Cake and my Creme Brulee. The wine list is well rounded. This is one of our favorites.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the third time I've eaten at Bistro Provence and I've enjoyed it all three times. It is located in a strip mall and the curtains on the door make it look like it's closed, but take the plunge and go inside. The decor inside is much better==like a bit of Paris. I had the onion soup which was good, not great, but not overly salty which I prefer. They brought a taster bowl of the carrot ginger soup for my friend. She said it was good (although she would not have chosen it.) I had then had the crab and avocado salad which was delicious. The crab was fresh and I liked the avocado and the dressing. There were scallions on top which was a nice crunchy contrast to the soft crab and avocado. My friend had the bass picata which was really tasty. We didn't have room for dessert. (They have a locals special daily which is four courses. The price varies depending on the entree but it seemed that this was what many people were choosing.) The people at the next table shared everything--including having the onion soup divided into two bowls which was really nice of the management.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

After searching for a good restaurant near our hotel, we found this directly opposite us. The staff couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and insisted their priority was to make the customer happy. The food was very good, service even better and the atmosphere was great. Not what you would expect to find between a laundry and Starbucks! Highly recommended.

1  Thank JonMooreFX
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A small restaurant in a strip mall. However, once inside, it is a charming little place. The waiter was attentive, efficient, and not intrusive. The bass was excellent. If I lived here, I would go back often.

1  Thank Jan R
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I arrived early without a reservation and had my pick of seats. The restaurant became busier as the evening progressed, even on a Monday. Service throughout the meal was excellent: friendly and efficient.

I wished I had been hungry enough for the special 4-course meal. Instead I tried the lentil soup, which was surprisingly light and refreshing on the warm evening. I had the choucroute/pork which was very tasty and reminded me of meals in Alsace. Dessert was fruit with a lemon cream sauce; again not too heavy.

Don't let the location in a strip mall next to a Von's put you off; ambience inside is completely different and reminiscent of a bistro in France!