All reviewshistoric hotelrestaurant downstairshot tuban older hoteldowntown calistogaprivate jacuzzipool areano elevatordesk staffthe cottagesthe main streetwine tastingthe staff was friendly and helpfullincoln avenice breakfastbed was very comfortablequaint town
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

One of the best service and acomodación from the front desk to room service, the spa staff was wonderful one lady Maria Mendoza room service was just amazing greeted us on the hall way made sure we had everything we needed I was extremely pleased with her service. How ever dinner was a disappointment my salmon was raw and made me sick and we still got charged full price not eating there again:( but the hotel and spa ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Maria G,
Thank you for posting a review, we truly appreciate it. Maria was so happy to read her name in a review. Our housekeeping staff is great and mentions like yours go a long way. I do want to apologize for your experience at the restaurant, this is not how they usually handle things. I would like to hear from you on this and bring your information owners and managers of the restaurant they will want to know about this.
Thanks again, Derrick

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I got married at Hans Fahden Winery nearby and decided to spent the rest of the weekend at Mount View in Calistoga. Both my wife and I left feeling pretty disappointed with this hotel for a few reasons.

Service - Below average throughout. I called ahead of time to let them know I would be spending my wedding night there and asked if there was any chance they could do something special for us. The guy on the phone told me that they would but when we got to the room, there was nothing. They apologized for the mix up when I spoke to them about it the next day but I felt that was something they needed to get right on the day. Aside from that I found the people at the front desk generally disinterested and unhelpful. It was customer service that I would describe as below average for a regular customer, let alone for someone who is spending a special occasion there.

Rooms - I understand the appeal of throwback type rooms but the bedroom and bathroom just felt dated to me. Both were too small and in need of renovation in my opinion.

Parking - There was not enough! Needed to just park on the street and move my car every few hours which was pretty annoying.

Price - Way overpriced at ~$300 a night. This strikes me as a place that has benefited from a lack of fairly priced local competition. It's led to a sub-par service and allowed them to get away with charging at this type of price point.

The only saving grace was the breakfast at the restaurant downstairs which I quite liked.

I would advise people to avoid this place, especially for special occasions. I never felt valued as a customer and it was not worth it at all. I will not be going back...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shaan P
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Shaan P,

We want to thank you for posting a review. We apologize for the disappointing experience, this is not the norm. It is our goal to help out guest have a better experience then expected and we didn't do that for you. Your review is very helpful and the staff will be reading this so that we can improve in our customer service. We do care very much in helping our guest and their experience. Our customer service must be great for everyone and we are sorry we didn't provide this. Derrick

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the resort and enjoyed every minute there!! It is a throwback hotel when hotels were a beautiful comfortable rooms no elevators original wood doors and an actual room key! The beds are super comfortable with clean fresh linens and old school tile bathrooms. The staff are all courteous and professional and make sure you have everything you need. There is a pool and hot tub with mineral water and two restaurant and bars in the hotel which both have great food for breakfast lunch and dinner! There also is a spa where we thoroughly enjoyed a private mud bath and an incredible couples massage by Joy and Nora! This is a must stay place in Calistoga because you can walk to so many things restaraunts shops wineries and just healthy walking in general, once you get there you can pretty much not use your car. We can't wait to go back!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dgilliam58

Dear dgilliam58,

We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for writing a review. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Five star pool and mineral water spa. Super clean. Nice bathroom, with high shower head with good flow. A shelf to put toiletries on. Nice new double pain windows that open. New and quiet air conditioning for comfort. Redwoods on the ridge diamond mountain view. I know how to use a Nespresso machine,so that was nice to have.

I was going to title this "Have a nice trip, see you in the fall" because of the darn chairs. The chairs and chair legs and the carpet are all black or dark grey. With the dim lighting the chairs are practically invisible and I stubbed my toes several times. The room was nice, but small. We almost put the chairs in the hallway, but it was nice to have them to set things on. The nightstands are a good size. It would be nice if they had USB or outlets somewhere near them. The parking was limited, and at one point I decided not to use my car for fear of losing my space. Did I mention how nice that pool and pool area is? A perfect temperature; and clean like Four Seasons or St. Regis.

On the way home we stopped at Frank Family winery and received a complimentary tasting because of our stay at the Mountain View. Nice surprise.

We had an excellent stay. The Hotel and Room was clean, the staff friendly, the location terrific and quiet even though downtown.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear JBScoold,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. we will review the chair situation in your room to see if we can better arrange things. We are updating our rooms with new clock radio's that offer USB ports and Bluetooth technology. We have arranged a partnership with a dozen great wineries that offer free tasting to our hotel guests and from what I read we need to promote that better to our guests. We can't thank our guest enough for posting reviews. Derrick

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Nancy was amazing! Deep tissue massage was incredible. Will get 80 minute next time for sure. Roxan and Derek at the front desk couldn't have nicer and more accommodating. The pool area was clean and quiet. Will definitely return on our next excursion to Calistoga.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Josh W,
We are very fortunate to have the quality of massage therapists that we do. The Front Desk staff tries very hard to help all our guests any way they can, it's our goal to assist in making ones experience in the wine country better. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Derek