“Great gem !”
Review of Veraison

Veraison
Reserve with OpenTable
Veraison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 46 Restaurants in Calistoga
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Description: Veraison is a contemporary, French farm-to-table restaurant located in the Mt. View Hotel. We pride ourselves in using local, sustainable producers. Expect to see new takes on French classics, as well as French technique used on the bevy of great ingredients we have access to in the Napa Valley. We also proudly have one of the best wine by the glass programs in Northern California.
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

A nice, quiet, pretty restaurant. Not a lot of selections but you don’t need a lot. Perfect amount of food for a serving. Served picture perfect. French 75 cocktail is a delight. End the meal with a lovely dessert or glass of port!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We have been fans since this was Jole, and many members of that team, including the new owners, are doing an excellent job with this new concept. And it keeps improving! ...the food is well-prepared, well-seasoned, and accompanied by seasonally appropriate sides. House-made charcuterie is a special treat, and oysters, duck, and other bistro classics offer a good range of choices. The wine list includes local and international selections, at reasonable prices. The dining room is well-lit and the seating is well-spaced: allowing for private conversations, while still enjoying a lively atmosphere ... we're 'locals' and go regularly. Enjoy!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Let me preface this review by saying I have a lot of respect for the servers, as the service industry really does put up with a lot of people's nonsense.

Onto the review...! My hubby and I were in Calistoga to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

The restaurant itself is in a great location and has modern feel inside. We liked the atmosphere overall, even though it wasn't super busy (we visited later on a Sunday evening). Which we initially appreciated, as it made it a nice romantic evening. Our server allowed us to take our time and enjoy our experience.

I had the filet and my husband had the duck. He really enjoyed his meal. Mine was just ok, but think it had more to do with the cut of meat I got, as it was kind of fatty. The meal itself was good, but nothing to write home about.

Unfortunately, the thing that ruined our meal was a larger group of other guests that came in. Clearly, they felt very entitled to whatever they wanted. The entire mood of the restaurant changed when they came in. It literally became all hands on deck from the servers to accommodate this one table of 6-8 people. I can understand getting them settled, but it got to a point where we had great service to start with, then had quick questions on if we want our bill or dessert while they scrambled to accommodate one group.

The other table was clearly not happy with anything the servers did, even though they were bending over backwards for the party. It got to the point where our original server was in tears, the manager had to step in and eventually comped them a bottle of wine to try and make right whatever the party felt was wronged.

It was just kind of a bummer for my hubby and I that we wanted to celebrate our anniversary and it went from such a pleasant night to a lot of tension in the restaurant and all because the other party was unhappy with everything from the moment they walked in and all the focus went to them without any apology or acknowledgement to us as clearly we weren't blind to what was happening.

With that being said, huge kudos to the Manager taking care of his employees as he stepped in right away and gave the waitress some breathing room after she was in tears. Not all Managers would have done that.

I would still recommend Veraison, but I hope they don't let all their attention go to one group in the future. One party shouldn't ruin the experience of the rest of your guests.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband wandered into the restaurant one evening with out rsvp and were comfortably seated at the bar. There was no disappointment the cuisine and service was terrific. Staff very friendly and quick to make recommendations on the menu and we were delighted with all of our choices. We ordered the pork chop and fried zucchini flowers and they where delicious. The craft cocktails were amazing too! It was so good we went back the next night! Enjoy! Oh and also, very cool atmosphere!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

A group of 8 of us stayed at the attached hotel and chose this restaurant based on convenience. Sure glad we did! The menu options were unique and the service was great.