“Cave Tour is Great!”

Schramsberg Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 74 things to do in Calistoga
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not much of a sparking wine person, but the overall cave tour experience (to my knowledge) is unique to the area and was a lot of fun! I wouldn't say I loved the wine, but my wife is a fan of sparkling and she did. The reason to make the trip is the tour anyway. Our guide interestingly explained their wine making processes when walking through the cave, history of the winery, the Davies winemaker years, etc. The tasting at the end had some great pairings! Recommend!

All reviews
"great tasting"
"cabernet sauvignon"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We went to an afternoon event that featured multiple sparkling wines, Pinots from three vineyards and JAMIE. All of the wines were paired with gourmet foods. Normally, I am not a sparkling wine drinker, but I enjoyed many that I sampled. The Davies Pinots were all delicious. The Jamie was sensational. If you have the chance to get in on one of their parties, I suggest you jump on the chance.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Wonderful visit last week, our favorite tour in Napa. Elsa was our host and did a fantastic job. The grounds are beautiful, the drive out there is wonderful. Lots of history to learn about and the cave tour was fascinating. Highly recommend a visit here.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Unique winery because of the sparkling wine. You get to see more bottles than at any other winery. Sparkling s were unique and decent. Red was good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We took a tour here last week and it was an amazing experience. The tour is thru the wine caves so if you are claustrophobic you might find it a bit intimidating. Our guide was entertaining. The wine tasting was incredible and they have some of the best. We were treated to a top reserve wine and it was perfect. So perfect we bought a $150 bottle to bring home! A caution - there is no food so make sure you eat something prior to arriving.