“Pretty disappointing this time”

Pacifico Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Calistoga
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We have met at Pacifico several times as a family. We have always thought it to be pretty good....so on our recent visit we were really disappointed-

1) we ordered margarita by the pitcher rather than glass this time. It was very weak and very watered down. In fact both pitchers were. Had to ask for fresh glasses with salt for the second pitcher

2) our meals came out one at a time.....with a huge space between when people received their food (probably a good 20 minutes total..... My meal never did come. We asked our waiter 3 times about it. I finally got frustrated. It had been 45 minutes since meals started being delivered to our table. When I received the chicken fajitas the chicken was so dried and over cooked that it was tough meat. I told our waiter that this whole experience wasn't good and I expected him to reduce our bill by my meal......when our bill arrived he took 1/2 off the price of my dinner. No apology. No explanation.

We won't be returning. There are plenty of choices to meet for a meal in Calistoga. How it was handled was as important as the delay. The kitchen clearly has issues.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick bite and were pleasantly surprised. The bar area boasts a water fall and is a cozy area for dining. The food was also very good. The tortilla chips and salsa starter was very fresh. The crispy beef taco was filled to the brim and very tasty as was the chicken enchilada.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Start off by stating we only had guacamole, margaritas and complimentary chips and salsa. Service was very good, but the only thing we consumed that we liked were the chips. The margaritas were probably the worst I've ever tasted. There was nothing authentic about the guacamole, they say they make it daily, if that's true, they definitely use a blender. The complimentary salsa was bland and does not include any peppers as far as I could tell. When I asked for something spicier, they brought Tapatio (what Mexican restaurant only has 1 salsa and doesn't even use peppers!?) I'm surprised how highly rated this restaurant is because I would never consume a meal here based on the little I tried. Also, 2 drinks and guacamole was $40. Even coming from the Bay Area this seems very expensive, but it's my first time in Calistoga.

Thank Gustavo F. A
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We were desperate for good Mexican which we don't get in New Zealand. Thought Pacifico looked pretty authentic. The waiter/manager was very friendly and fun. We each had a marguerite which was pretty good. Ordered some tacos and burritos which were not tasty. The guacamole and the chilli conqueso were equally disappointing.

1  Thank WildHare2128
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Very underwhelming.... guacamole was filled with sour cream (likely to cut cost). Fajitas were just okay with vegetables way over cooked. Our order was not completely correct and the service was fair at best (I didn't get a water refill until we asked for the check, and I had to request it).

1  Thank roncierge