“An amazing time - My 1st B&B experience”
Review of The Craftsman Inn

The Craftsman Inn
Ranked #7 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This was my 1st experience at a B&B and it was incredible. Gillian was a wonderful host and cook. Our room was comfortable and very well maintained. Being so close to downtown Calistoga was wonderful; and allowed us to walk every morning before breakfast. There are wonderful restaurants downtown for your evening meals. The living room was very comfortable and inviting. My husband always looked forward to the goodies that were in our room at night. The homemade yogurt and granola was wonderful (along with all of the other food). I purchased Gillians's cookbook and have already made use of it at home; however it tastes better when Gillian makes it. I would definitely recommend the Inn to others and given the opportunity I would stay there again. Thank you Gillian.

Room Tip: I loved our room in the back. We had a beautiful back porch which we used as a gathering place to pl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We had a great stay at the Inn. I really enjoyed the little special touches, like bathrobes in the room, complimentary sherry and cookies. Didn't take advantage of the wine in the living room after a whole day of wine tasting, but still a nice touch (maybe next time...). We enjoyed the comfortable room and I especially was delighted to see the attention to detail, following through on the Craftsman style of the home.
Breakfast was to die for! The food was excellent, the table setting beautiful. Simply wonderful atmosphere. We also appreciated all the home made goodies, including the yummy yogurt! We will definitely recommend the Inn to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We had such a wonderful stay at the Craftsman Inn! The breakfast's are incredible! I bought Gillian's cookbook to try some of her specialities for my family. The Inn is cozy and inviting. They have not missed a thing.....wine in the living room and snacks. Cookies and sherry in our rooms. Amazing fluffy towels and super comfy, cozy bed. Calistoga is quieter than St. Helena but still has great restaurants/ spas etc and you can walk to dinner. Gillan was happy to make suggestions or help with sight-seeing..restaurant choices etc. We would definitely stay here again! She makes the most AMAZING Scones!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

A rare solo trip to wine country for me. While I missed my husband, I loved the comfort and location of the Craftsman Inn. The breakfasts were world class, and my mouth is still watering over the homemade scones. Gillian had great suggestions for Spas, wine and shopping, what more could a woman want!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at the craftsman inn. The inn itself is adorable, cleanly decorated with nice patio space as well. It's on a major route but I didn't hear a sound. I also like that it was a nice short walk to the main street of Calistoga from the inn so we could explore the area on foot. The beds and pillows were very comfortable we had the best night sleep of our trip here. Also the innkeeper Gillian was extremely friendly and beyond accommodating and helpful giving tips n the area and she is an amazing cook! Don't skip breakfast it is delicious. From the scratch made muffins or scones, fresh fruit, granola and hand made yogurt, fruit sauces, corn salsa, fritatas, everything is homemade and flavorful--a foodies delight. She's even written a cook book of her recipes, buy one because I think you'll want to try the blueberry coconut muffins again and again!
Overall a lovely lovely experience for our family (were all adults) and the highlight of our vacation! We would love to stay there again sometime.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family