All reviews free snacks roadside motel king suite breakfast vouchers cute hotel pool area hot tub mineral water pools silverado trail pools are great close to town we loved our stay nice stay mini fridge old school large pool wine country
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Highly recommended. Beautiful space. Beware there are probably a lot of kids at the pool. No bar or restaurant on the property. Besides that it was absolutely perfect and super cute. Can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2018

GOOD FOR INSTAGRAM, NOT GREAT FOR LIVING
If you're an Instagramming millennial, this place looks great in pictures. However, if you take a closer look, you'll notice that things aren't as nice as they seem. The pools are great, but pool furniture is stained with what I hope is dirt and wine. The rooms appear clean and trendy, but the shower faucet only shoots water from half of the nozzles at very lower pressure and the plastic lining of the shower curtains are dirty at the bottom. The walls of the rooms are very thin. We could hear our neighbors snoring and cars driving by outside the bedroom window.

NOT DOG FRIENDLY
This place advertises itself as "dog-friendly." I answered their "Your Upcoming Visit - tell us your preferences" email and I called prior to check-in to let them know I was coming with a dog. When we arrived, we did not get welcomed with a dog bed, treats or doggy bags. Unfortunately, our dog was anxious and sensitive to the sounds of people next door to us talking, snoring, and opening and closing their curtains, so when we were away, she barked. We received a voicemail that our neighbors were complaining about the barking and felt really bad. I called the front desk back as they requested, but they had nothing to tell me other then the general manager Ric would follow up with me.

While waiting to hear back from Ric and knowing that we had two more nights left at this place, we decided to drive 80 miles back home on a Saturday evening and drop off our dog with a friend. Our dog was at the hotel for less than 24 hours. We drove back to Calistoga the same night. The next two days passed and we enjoyed the pool and the spa--if you need a deep tissue massage, Saied is great!

At check-out, they added over $600 of disturbance fee charges. That was when I finally spoke to Ric. He was condescending and rolled his eyes at me when I asked about the charges. He threw his own staff person under the bus and blamed her for not telling him to follow up with me. (Sorry, Jesse.)

He rhetorically asked me "What would you do if you were in my position?" I didn't get to answer in person because he wouldn't let me, but I would have communicated with my staff and followed up with my guests with respect and patience. I would have treated all guests equally and work with ALL parties to resolve issues.

I conceded that my dog was and disturbance and drove her all the way back home. His unwillingness to treat me with respect and dignity is why I left this place crying. I thought maybe he was having a bad day and in a bad mood, but his tone became more respectful when my husband walked in and told him exactly what I told him about our situation and how we mitigated it ourselves.

Note: They will not clean your room if your dog is in there, so we told them in advance when we would be out and asked that they at the very least replace our towels. Nothing was cleaned. There were no new towels.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhy1459
Reviewed 2 July 2018

My eight year old son and I stayed here for four days and loved every moment. We biked, played in the pool, played board games, and the s'mores at night were a big hit. If you are bringing a younger kid, like I did, bring their bike. The property only has adult bikes.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ric P, General Manager at Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

I'm glad you and your son had a great time with us. That's exactly how we like to have fun, too! Good point about the bikes.

Ric P.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I chose this motel because the options were very limited for pet-friendly lodgings in Calistoga. Another acquaintance booked the same hotel for the same date and paid approximately HALF of what I paid. Although I have no major complaints with the lodgings provided, I was unhappy to find out that I had overpaid by such a large margin.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Excellent place to rest and to have couple days away from the city life. Stuff was very helpful with every single question I came with. The Room was clean and well organized with a very simple, but well tasted decoration. Even though I did not make use of any of the amenities offered by the installation I took my time to walk around and see the pool area, ask about the bike offer the have for the clientele and I felt pleased and attended beyond my expectation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple