Lowest prices for your stay
US$165
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
Hotels.comUS$165
PricelineUS$165
HIExpress.comUS$165
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2020 via mobile

The room smelled very clean and you can tell they go to great lengths to keep the guest safe. Very spacious room with great room adminites. Hotel staff was awesome, upon check in, we were greeted and promptly checked in . There is hand cleaning, sanitizing area around the hotel. There is a breakfast, take and go. Hotel is in a good location. Just had a great stay and the room was at a very reasonable rate.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank domsgirl
Reviewed 7 December 2019 via mobile

The check in process took longer time, as the receptionist was asking me to pay for my prepaid reservation. It seems he was a new employee and not familiar with such cases. After consulting another employee at reception, he could proceed. The room itself was nice, specious and clean. Complementary wifi, parking, and breakfast was an advantage, although the breakfast was very basic. Unfortunately the room was noisy due to traffic on the nearby highway. The location was good as you have an access to different location within short driving distance.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Bader76
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Camarillo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2019

Hello Bader76,

Thanks for the stay and for the feedback. I'm sad that your check-in went longer than expected, and the noise challenges you had to endure. I have forwarded your feedback to our hotel management to work on these points raised in your review to give you the best hotel experience in the future.

On a lighter side, I am happy that you liked the room. I know we still have a lot to improve on, we appreciate your feedback.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

Stay here after a long flight to LAX. It is not difficult to find the hotel. Takes about an hour to drive from LAX to thehotel.

We got a double room and the room is HUGE. Previously read some not so good reviews of this hotel here but nothing of that occurs to me. We got a clean and big room, it is beside freeway 101 but it isnt as noisy as what I thought it will be afteryou close the windows. Moreover very minimal cars drive at night so I think is is OK.

10mins away from the Premium outlet and good place for us to go and shop to fight the jet lag. Multiple restaurants nearby for good food as well. We went to cheesecake factory !

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. There is a snack bar beside which seems like you can just pick things you need .

The breakfast was a little below standard but if you just need something to fill the tummy. It is good enough.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sengkangboy
Reviewed 15 October 2019

WOW where to start!
Well what little time we spent at the hotel we are said to say this Holiday Inn is not living up to the chains reputation.
The homeless guy living in the parking lot coming in for free breakfast not once but three times and the staff said nothing was the icing on the cake.
After having to haul our suitcases down 3 flights of stairs because the elevator didnt work and we were informed they didnt work by a young boy who was staying there with his family. We had to exit at the far end of the hotel and drag our luggage to the car and then go back into and had to inform the front desk that the elevators were not working. You have to realize this was over a half hour period and the front desk didnt have a clue they were not working. Only to find the homeless guy in the food closet, yes it was the size of a walk in closet where you got your breakfast and it was packed enough with guests without having to jockey around the homeless guy.

Room tip: stay somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Mrvacation13
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Camarillo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Hi Mrvacation13,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations, particularly with the level of customer service provided by our staff and also the condition of the elevator. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all.

Many thanks for staying with us. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you would give us another chance to make your stay better than the last.

Dhang R

Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

Today I experienced what every traveller fears- a reservation that cannot be found layered on top of an horrendous customer service after a long journey to Camarillo.

I booked my stay through Expedia and after driving 3 hours from LA with my family, I arrived at the property, only to be told by the front desk manager Monica that she couldn’t find my reservation. She told me because I booked though Expedia it’s not her problem and to contact them.

After calling Expedia and having them call the hotel back and forth, an hour later, magically they found my reservation. My credit card had already been charged at time of booking so it’s not like it was never confirmed. As you can imagine, I was quite frustrated at this point, as I had my two year waiting in the car with my husband, starving and crying. Not to mention incurring roaming charges for the international call.

I expressed my displeasure of the lack of customer service and Monica told me she had the right to refuse me entry into the hotel. I asked to speak to the manager to be compensated for the time loss in my vacation and the inconvenience of having to go through this.

Then it got ugly. At this point she told me she is the manager and that she is cancelling my reservation. She proceeded to call her two colleagues who bullied me saying she calls the shots and threatened to call the police if I didn’t get off the property. I told them to go ahead and call the police as I have done nothing wrong! And they went ahead- can you believe it? All because of a silly reservation mix up and they want to call the police for that!?

I called their main headquarters and they are investigating the situation but based on the reviews I’m seeing, I doubt anything is going to come about this. So the best justice I can have is to advise my fellow travellers not to stay here and I hope this place goes out of business.

A manager who treats a customer with such disrespect and leaves a customer stranded with no where to stay when the mix up wasn’t even the customers fault is place no customer should want to stay in.

Shame on you Holiday Inn Express Suites for promoting someone like Monica to be in a manager role when she has zero customer service skills - a key quality that is essential to building a strong brand and customer loyalty. I would never have been treated like this if this was a Hilton or a Hyatt - but then again it never would have happened in the first place. I work in the service industry and I can attest to how important it is to create a positive customer experience. I am appalled and disgusted she can do this. I’m sure I’m not the first one to experience this at this location.

On the bright side, while we lost a day of our trip to this fiasco, Expedia was able to upgrade me to a beautiful room at the Hilton in Santa Barbara at no charge- an obvious better choice all around.

I will never return to a Holiday Inn Express again and I will make sure I let all my colleagues,family and friends know about this nightmare experience.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Camarillo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2019

Hi Soccerchick82,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel.

We’re committed to delivering True Hospitality for everyone and knowing we failed to deliver is something we want to address immediately. I'm sorry to hear the quality of service given let you down. This is not the brand standards the we live up to.

I brought this up to our local ownership attention. Rest assured that the situation will be assess and corrective measures will be given to the the concerned staff so this will not happen again. I also sent you a private message to discuss this further.

We want to win back the confidence you've placed in us. I hope you'll give us a chance to make things right on your next visit to the area.

Kind regards,