Dreydon House Bed and Breakfast
Sea Otter Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$194
Pelican Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$169
FogCatcher Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$186
Blue Dolphin Inn(Cambria)
US$203
Sand Pebbles Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$259
Hotels.com
El Colibri Hotel and Spa(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$178
Cambria Landing Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$169
Cambria Pines Lodge(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$193
Travelocity
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$137
Oceanpoint Ranch
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Bill and Janis were warm and affable and made for great hosts for our weekend getaway. What everyone else said is true - their homemade breakfasts are wonderful, and the rooms themselves completely met the needs of our group of 4. They're former Hearst Castle tour guides so they know a lot about the Castle and the area. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We were very happy with our choice of B&B on the Big Sur near Hearst Castle at Dreydon House, home of Bill and Janis. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we had our own key and separate entrance to their home. Bill and Janis were warm and friendly hosts and made available 2 rooms for my husband and I, with a huge choice of DVDs to watch in an evening and an excellent cooked breakfast the next morning. We enjoyed getting to know them over our morning chats at breakfast time and they gave us good advice as to how to get to Sequoia National Park when we left them, as well as suggestions for the remainder of our tour of California, to include Eureka and the coastal redwoods in the Humbolt Redwoods Park. Bill made a booking for us to go to Hearst Castle at a small discount which was much appreciated. Cambria is a small and pretty town and we highly recommend staying with Bill and Janis.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I went here last year while I was a candidate for a career position in nearby San Luis Obispo. I found the hosts warm and welcoming without encroaching on privacy. Their home was spotless and the rooms were very comfortable and we found them inviting and relaxing. We were so comfortable we had to motivate ourselves to get out of bed and explore the area. They had a great collection of DVDs including some specific to the area that we enjoyed as our evening entertainment. Breakfast was gourmet and a fabulous addition to our stay here. Our hosts offered us fabulous suggestions that we tried and appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would highly recommend if you are in the area. I felt that this place was an exceptional value and loved our time there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank starkismet
Reviewed 1 August 2011

If you want a quiet home from home friendly place to stay then this is for you. Nothing was too much trouble, Bill even phoned Hearst castle for us to try and find a suitable trip for our disabled relative.
Everything you could wish for is supplied and more and all at such good value for money.
Best breakfast we had all holiday too!!!
We will deffinately be back for longer next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2011

First let me start with the positives. Bill and Janis really are the warm and inviting hosts that you want for a Bed & Breakfast. They don't strike you as a couple who went into this business to make money, but more because they get along with eachother, other people from all walks of life and know the attractions and culture/politics of the Cambria/ San Simeon area. Also, the choice of whatever you want for breakfast that is offered on their menu is somewhat of a unique B&B concept and I found it to be quite generous. We occupied a little annex of the house, not just one bedroom. So you get two moderately small bedrooms and a bathroom with a small hallway separating them, which I also found to be nice. My child was able to have his own room which lends to privacy on a romantic getaway. The area is extremely quiet and peaceful. Lastly, there is a large DVD collection for your use with a DVD player incorporated in the T.V.; however there are some improvements needed.

The heater cycles on and off the entire night. First it is blowing out air, then it shuts off for a few seconds, but then it cycles back on in what I would describe as a warming up stage in preparation to put out more heat. This made it very difficult to sleep. The only room with a television (and DVD player incorporated into the T.V.) was the one with two separate single beds. We had to make room for the three of us and there wasn't room for my husband and I in the same bed. When it was time for my son to go to sleep, we sent him in the other room with the larger bed because we were still watching a movie. There appears to be a cable box in the other room so maybe they could put a T.V. back in???

All three beds were somewhat uncomfortable and even my young son said his back hurt when he awoke. Ours did too. I found the bedsheets and pillow covers to be dusty with cobwebs on the sconce lighting over the beds. The bathtub is narrow and perhaps if they had the money, they could moderize the bathroom to include a larger tub. Since there was not Hot Tub, a large bathtub would have been nice. Lastly when I asked for a dinner recommendation, I was only given one: The Main Street Grill. This is a loud college kid hangout selling burgers/fries and fried food items without any ambiance whatsoever. The next morning we found Madelines (way too expensive for our taste) and Lombardi's, an Italian Bistro on Bridge St. with an inexpensive menu which would have been perfect for dinner. All in all, I still felt the value was good for the prices of the area, but you should be able to get a restful nights sleep at a B&B and many of these issues could be easily improved. If they were addressed, this place would be a gem!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank WellHeeledTravelor
dreydonhouse, Owner at Dreydon House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

While you were here, nothing was mentioned about the concerns you list. Accommodations are as described in our website. We have a 32" flat screen television for the queen room on order. As owner-operators, we make certain the rooms are clean and comfortable. This includes dusting and clean sheets. Control of our standard heating system is yours. The beds are in great condition, including a new pillow top mattress. Guests report a very restful night's sleep! The bathroom is standard sized. On arrival, guests receive a copy of our local Cambria Magazine to keep. In it are restaurants and a food and dining guide. Our suggestions to guests are based on what you ask us.