“Tasty Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We have been visiting El Burro since I was a kid. Now I take my own family there. Not much has changed over the years. I'm particularly fond of the shredded beef, it's very lean (although a little dry, but I like it that way.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Joined family for an evening meal. El Burro never disappoints and is a venue I look forward to returning to. I've been coming here for decades, and the quality remains GREAT!

Based on the East Coast, it is always a treat to return to great Mexican cuisine! We don't have anything remotely close to this quality.

If you're a visitor to Silicon Valley and love Mexican, this is a place you must visit. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This looks like any Californian/Mexican - or anywhere/Mexican restaurant - from the 1990's, and the food brings back memories of Mexican comfort food at its best. The decor is dark and retro, there are lots of different rooms and spaces, but the food is what draws folks. It's not haute cuisine - it's basic Mexican food, done well and offered in generous portions. The menu is extensive, and Mario's sauces distinguish their various meat offerings. I had a baked beef offering, and I have to say it's hard to achieve a medium-rare fall-apart beef when it's baked in sauces and tortillas, but El Burro did it. I love their hot salsa as well, and they make a great house margarita. This is my second visit; as with my first, I could even finish my entree, but enjoyed every bite.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Very large two-story restaurant where you can usually get a table quickly. Good Mexican food in a very nice atmosphere with stylish Spanish interior. Great place for talking as it is not a loud restaurant. Outside patio is nice, but the Pruneyard Shopping Center is currently under renovation (as of August 2017, presumably this may get done by early 2018). As a result, the patio is temporarily closed.

Service was attentive and friendly, and the food was delicious. Salsa is medium hot and tasty. My only criticism was that the complementary corn chips were stale. We sent them back, got another basket, and those were also stale. This was a Thursday afternoon lunch, and this is the first time I remember stale chips at this restaurant; hopefully this is just a fluke. I will return again for more good food.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

In April 2017 I treated my team to a wonderful authentic Mexican luncheon recognition along with tasty burritos, combination plates and awesome Margaritas! I awarded them their special Thank You Messages and Thanked them for all their hard work and commitment for making my company successful! The service was fast, friendly and always checking back if we needed anything, the portions are large and you can get a take out, also they will box it up for you. They service here is outstanding and they can accommodate large groups for personal or for business, We love it here!!