Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$160
Booking.comUS$170
Orbitz.comUS$160
PricelineUS$159
eDreamsUS$170
CheapTicketsUS$160
2,027 results
All reviews ski valet mount yotei shuttle bus ski season hilton gondola winter hirafu spring
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We went there a week before Christmas just to avoid the big crowd over the festive season. It was very enjoyable. The ski in ski out factor was the key to us. We went downstairs got our gear and then off we go for the ski, without carrying the gear and walk a long way.

No problem with our check in check out, quite fast in fact. Staff were all very helpful. The room is small but most Japanese hotels are. The washing basin located at left hand side of the entrance and cubicle sized toilet on the right. But most of the time we were skiing so it didn't really bother us. Normally we went back to the room, freshing up and straight out for our meals. Because restaurants are quite crowded so the best is to book the restaurants in advance to avoid queueing. We had to queue for 15 minutes once for lunch at the sushi restaurant so that was not too bad. We also went Hirafu village for dinner as there are more options and probably less expensive. By bus it took about 15-20 minutes so it's quite convenient.

All in all, with the powder snow we had, we enjoyed the trip very much and will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel R, Hilton Niseko Village at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you for choosing Hilton Niseko Village for your recent ski holiday and taking the time to share your experience through Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay and the convenience of our Ski Valet facility and I appreciate your kind words about your check-in experience and it is an encouragement to us all.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again during the season and experience some of the world’s best powder snow.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

First of all, my review is based on the day visit to Hilton Niseko, we were not able to stay in the hotel overnight.

Hotel Grounds
Lobby area was filled with people when we were there, but there was an area to sit and enjoy a bit of warmth from the outdoors or while waiting for your family or friends. I love the giant fireplace in the middle :-)

Ski Area
Although we didn't ski or snowboard this time, we could tell the quality of the snow, it was really powder snow. No wonder this place is so popular. It is a bit crowded though, maybe because it was also the holidays. You can see mostly foreigners here, especially Australians. The ambiance is a little bit different compared to Rusutsu for example, where more locals go to and is more family oriented. Of course, the size of the resort and mountain is different. Niseko is much bigger and Hilton Niseko area is just one of the few main ski resorts here.

Snow Activities
We came to Hilton Niseko for two very specific activities, that is the reindeer sleigh ride and the snow rafting. We wanted to try out other snow activities aside from ski and snowboarding as we've already done that. So our local guide called a few days earlier to book the activities. Based on her feedback, the establishment was easy to deal with, they were very clear about the description of the activities, the limitations if any and the price and terms. Like for the reindeer sleigh ride, they only had 2 reindeers, but only 1 for sleigh riding as the other one is a young reindeer. So for the day, they could only accommodate 4 rides. Anyway, we just wanted to take photos, and we drew lots for the kids who wanted to ride the reindeer sleigh. To me, it was nothing really special since there was actually a guy pulling the reindeer or rather walking him forward. I was actually sad for the reindeer since it had to do so much work. But for the kids, it was an interesting experience, so it was worth it :-)

While waiting for the kids to take turns on the sleigh, I went to photograph what seems to be a crystal house just beside the area. When I went closer, I saw a sign that says Closed and won't be open until 2pm, but as I was photographing it, a staff came out and told me it was okay to go in a look. She just said that there were no activities now. Apparently, we read that they had some activity for igloo making, which we initially wanted to try as well if the other activities weren't available. It was interesting to go in and see the ice shards and the whole igloo structure. This is my first time to see one, definitely a good surprise :-) The staff was actually cleaning up inside and she didn't mind that I go in and take a look. That was nice of her.

Our snow rafting activity was cancelled, unfortunately, at the last minute, cause the snow fall was too strong at the time. We actually walked over to the area, feeling like we were walking through a snow storm. Although we were disappointed it got cancelled, it was good to know that they consider the safety of the people as well. We got a refund back too.

Dining
While waiting for the weather to clear up, we headed to the 2nd floor for some lunch. There were quite a number of choices. We were initially considering Yotei, a buffet place, but we were a bit too late and they were almost closing so it wasn't really advisable. So we chose Ezo Pub instead, which was actually a good idea. Having had Japanese food for the last couple of days, we were missing Western food. We had burgers, sandwiches and pizza, which were actually quite good even for Western standards. I love the ambiance of the pub, despite being full with people, it wasn't noisy and rowdy, it was actually relaxing and hip :-) Servers were efficient and friendly as well.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kormensandiego
Hotel R, Hilton Niseko Village at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for choosing Hilton Niseko Village for your recent visit to Niseko and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our ski in, ski out facilities and I appreciate your kind words on the resort and team members, it is much appreciated. Your comments have been shared with all of our team members and it is an encouragement to us all.

Once again, thank you and I do hope you are planning
another visit and we look forward to welcome you back to
arguably the snowiest ski resort on the planet.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

It was my first trip to Niseko, and given my lack of knowledge of the region I opted to stay at the Hilton, a trusted name. Overall, the hotel was ok and is what one would expect from the Hilton brand. The downside however, as I found out, is that there are many other better options in Niseko. For example, there are many small local hotels / guest houses in Hirafu (the main village in Niseko), which are located at very short distance from various ski slopes / lifts. Moreover, by staying in Hirafu, you get the feeling of being in a true picturesque alpine village, with many restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc... And it is also much less crowded than the Hilton. At the Hilton, during peak period, you cannot get a table for dinner unless you book a few weeks in advance, or unless you don't mind having dinner past 10pm. So unless you really value the "ski in ski out" of the Hilton, you should consider staying in Hirafu town instead. For myself, I spent my whole time at the Hirafu village and shuttled back at night to sleep at the Hilton, but next time I will simply stay in a hotel in Hirafu.

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank Patrick0629
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Welcome to Japan. Don't be behooved when things just don't make sense, just deal with it!!! Ok first the hotel.... in a great area to ski in and ski out and this side of the mountain seems to get less of the brutal winds that blow through. Easy transfers via airport bus, but book early. Breakfast is very simple but not very rewarding. Dinner in hotel is expensive and must be booked in advance. Ski room staff were very helpful and the ski shop was off the charts. I forgot my ski pants one time and they actually a pair to rent that were a big boy size!!! Once you get the bus schedule down you can cheaply head over to the main area with all of the restaurants and bars where you can get excellent meal choices at a fair price. The front desk staff is horrible and you have to pound them for info. The lift service from the Hilton is a piece of cake and you can ski anywhere you want when they have snow.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank tom c
Hotel R, Tomoyuki Yamanobe - General Manager at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the Resort and the convenience of ski in / ski out facilities.
Your comment on our knowledge of concierge team has been noted and ongoing training is being conducted.
Once again, thank you and I do hope you are planning another visit and we look forward to welcome you back to arguably the snowiest ski resort on the planet.

With best regards,
Tomoyuki Yamanobe – General Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Hilton hotel is the perfect location for the first time travelling family to Niseko. Great accommodation make sure you get the panorama view room for a family of 4 (great value with breakfast and dinners included buffet of course) and free internet is included in this room and not in the standard rooms unless you are Hilton honors gold plus member.
The internet in lobby is free and extremely fast and is free up to the 3rd floor in all the 5 restaurants. The panorama rooms have direst view over the slopes so you can almost touch the gondola and also know if it is running or not as high winds close it.
The powder is superb and probably the best export from siberia.
The onsens(hot springs) are a must before and after skiing and do not pack swimming costumes as not allowed in both the inside and outside onsnst (gender divided of course).

Room tip: panorama room best value for family of 4 but no privacy of course. standard rooms all very similar and not as good view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank victor_m_8

I am pleased to hear that you & all the families enjoyed your stay with us and that the ski in / ski out access and ski valet makes a day's ski even more enjoyable.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Niseko Village in the near future to experience true Hilton Hospitality.

Kind regards from arguably the snowiest ski resort on the planet...
Tomoyuki Yamanobe