Lowest prices for your stay
US$115
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Booking.comUS$115
Expedia.comUS$115
ZenHotels.comUS$132
2,021 results
All reviews ski valet hilton niseko niseko village mt yotei ski school ski resort outdoor onsen melt restaurant chinese new year the bus japanese hotels skis and boots peak season hot pot snow activities chitose airport free shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Great hotel. Room was bigger than expected based on previous reviews. Ski in Ski out was just outside the back door. Ski and boot valet was a plus. Everyone at the hotel was extremely courteous. English speaking associates at all key service areas. Onsen was beautiful and clean and a new experience for me. Go for the all you can each sushi lunch, get there an hour before it closes. It was quite economical, $30US for lunch all you can eat for 1 hour. The sushi chef was entertaining and almost couldn't keep up with my ravenous sushi appetite. In addition, all the lunch specials were great. Dinner on the other hand was crowded, reservations were needed and it was very expensive. This was my first trip to Japan and I was there to ski. The skiing did not disappoint, as there was over 5 feet of snow that fell during my weeklong stay. Not much in the way of evening entertainment at the hotel because it was quite isolated. But all in all, I would highly recommend the Niseko Hilton.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank royc168
Hotel R, Tomoyuki Yamanobe - General Manager (Hilton Niseko Village) at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for choosing Hilton Niseko Village for your recent ski holiday and taking the time to share your experience through Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our ski in, ski out facilities and I appreciate your kind words about our restaurant lunch experiences.
We have just had 3 days of wonderful snow and I do hope you are planning another visit and we look forward to welcome you back to arguably the snowiest ski resort on the planet...

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Upon arrival, checkin was easy. Arriving to the room my wives key card didn't work and mine did but it caused us to row because I thought she was that dipsy.

Room was small and the 2 beds was small (1 was wife and daughter and the other for my son) I slept on the sofa for the duration of the stay.

On 5 occasions I called for PJ's to go onsen, extra towels or bandages etc and 2 of the time they never came despite the customer service said they would.

Kids are 5 and 6 and they were let down with no kiddies area when we weren't skiing. Guess not many places have.

Food for atrocious. Very limited Ramen choices and overall very expensive for the quality and choices we had. The buffet we had 1 night was a let down but they made a quick Ramen that the kids loved.

Breakfast had many choices but was made strangely like the scrambled egg looked bad and I didn't touch and the sausages were thin short type (can't express properly).

There are free shuttles but no way enough for the amount of people queueing after skiing to eat out at town. There are paid buses passing by but that isn't enough either- location is just secluded from external restaurants and shopping.

What was good?

The hotel has an onsen that works late into the night
The ski hire and ski storage is convenient.
It is ski in ski out
There is a sashimi restaurant which was tasty but of course pricey (recommend eat out in Hirafu town every night.

OVERALL: either my expectations of Hilton was too high or this is the standard of all of them. Three star?

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kev Y
Hotel R, Hilton Niseko Village at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Hilton Niseko Village Guest,

I am pleased to hear you liked the convenience of our Ski Valet facility and I appreciate your kind words about our outdoor Onsen.
I am disappointed to hear of your experience regarding the overall service in the hotel have been noted and I have addressed this directly with the manager concerned and corrective actions will be taken.
We greatly appreciated you taking the time to write about your experience with us and we hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards from arguably the snowiest ski resort on the planet...

Tomoyuki Yamanobe
Hilton Niseko Village

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Visited in Jan for winter holiday. Niseko Ski Village is ideal for family with young kids or beginners to snow sports (ski/snowboarding) because the slopes are gentle. Good quality snow which mny travellers from Europe, Asia, USA are claiming to be world best. Ski in/Ski out facilities provide easy access to the ski lift and rest stops when the cold gets to you. Standard rooms were well cleaned; in room heater provide warm comfort; bathroom is tiny but no one really care because we spend most time outside enjoying the beautiful landscape and snow. Onsen is a must try; few outlets for foods serving standard hotel fare. Service is prompt and attentive. WIFI is only free within limited locations such as lobby and restuarants. Good free hotel shuttle to town/other Niseko hotels; public buses stop at front entrance. Other ski slopes in Niseko are Hirafu which has more options for foods & slopes more challenging compared to Hilton location but its feels crowded as there's many hotels; Annapuri (guide explained ski slopes are the most challenging in Niseko). This location is highly recommended for a great winter holidays! Enjoy.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We went there a week before Christmas just to avoid the big crowd over the festive season. It was very enjoyable. The ski in ski out factor was the key to us. We went downstairs got our gear and then off we go for the ski, without carrying the gear and walk a long way.

No problem with our check in check out, quite fast in fact. Staff were all very helpful. The room is small but most Japanese hotels are. The washing basin located at left hand side of the entrance and cubicle sized toilet on the right. But most of the time we were skiing so it didn't really bother us. Normally we went back to the room, freshing up and straight out for our meals. Because restaurants are quite crowded so the best is to book the restaurants in advance to avoid queueing. We had to queue for 15 minutes once for lunch at the sushi restaurant so that was not too bad. We also went Hirafu village for dinner as there are more options and probably less expensive. By bus it took about 15-20 minutes so it's quite convenient.

All in all, with the powder snow we had, we enjoyed the trip very much and will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel R, Hilton Niseko Village at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay and the convenience of our Ski Valet facility and I appreciate your kind words about your check-in experience and it is an encouragement to us all.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again during the season and experience some of the world’s best powder snow.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

First of all, my review is based on the day visit to Hilton Niseko, we were not able to stay in the hotel overnight.

Hotel Grounds
Lobby area was filled with people when we were there, but there was an area to sit and enjoy a bit of warmth from the outdoors or while waiting for your family or friends. I love the giant fireplace in the middle :-)

Ski Area
Although we didn't ski or snowboard this time, we could tell the quality of the snow, it was really powder snow. No wonder this place is so popular. It is a bit crowded though, maybe because it was also the holidays. You can see mostly foreigners here, especially Australians. The ambiance is a little bit different compared to Rusutsu for example, where more locals go to and is more family oriented. Of course, the size of the resort and mountain is different. Niseko is much bigger and Hilton Niseko area is just one of the few main ski resorts here.

Snow Activities
We came to Hilton Niseko for two very specific activities, that is the reindeer sleigh ride and the snow rafting. We wanted to try out other snow activities aside from ski and snowboarding as we've already done that. So our local guide called a few days earlier to book the activities. Based on her feedback, the establishment was easy to deal with, they were very clear about the description of the activities, the limitations if any and the price and terms. Like for the reindeer sleigh ride, they only had 2 reindeers, but only 1 for sleigh riding as the other one is a young reindeer. So for the day, they could only accommodate 4 rides. Anyway, we just wanted to take photos, and we drew lots for the kids who wanted to ride the reindeer sleigh. To me, it was nothing really special since there was actually a guy pulling the reindeer or rather walking him forward. I was actually sad for the reindeer since it had to do so much work. But for the kids, it was an interesting experience, so it was worth it :-)

While waiting for the kids to take turns on the sleigh, I went to photograph what seems to be a crystal house just beside the area. When I went closer, I saw a sign that says Closed and won't be open until 2pm, but as I was photographing it, a staff came out and told me it was okay to go in a look. She just said that there were no activities now. Apparently, we read that they had some activity for igloo making, which we initially wanted to try as well if the other activities weren't available. It was interesting to go in and see the ice shards and the whole igloo structure. This is my first time to see one, definitely a good surprise :-) The staff was actually cleaning up inside and she didn't mind that I go in and take a look. That was nice of her.

Our snow rafting activity was cancelled, unfortunately, at the last minute, cause the snow fall was too strong at the time. We actually walked over to the area, feeling like we were walking through a snow storm. Although we were disappointed it got cancelled, it was good to know that they consider the safety of the people as well. We got a refund back too.

Dining
While waiting for the weather to clear up, we headed to the 2nd floor for some lunch. There were quite a number of choices. We were initially considering Yotei, a buffet place, but we were a bit too late and they were almost closing so it wasn't really advisable. So we chose Ezo Pub instead, which was actually a good idea. Having had Japanese food for the last couple of days, we were missing Western food. We had burgers, sandwiches and pizza, which were actually quite good even for Western standards. I love the ambiance of the pub, despite being full with people, it wasn't noisy and rowdy, it was actually relaxing and hip :-) Servers were efficient and friendly as well.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kormensandiego
Hotel R, Hilton Niseko Village at Hilton Niseko Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for choosing Hilton Niseko Village for your recent visit to Niseko and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our ski in, ski out facilities and I appreciate your kind words on the resort and team members, it is much appreciated. Your comments have been shared with all of our team members and it is an encouragement to us all.

Once again, thank you and I do hope you are planning
another visit and we look forward to welcome you back to
arguably the snowiest ski resort on the planet.