Lowest prices for your stay
US$186
US$173
Hotels.com
US$186
PricelineUS$184
CheapTicketsUS$186
Agoda.comUS$588
All reviews ski resort ski bus minutes by car winter snow
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

The wife and I have brought the kids out to Niseko for years, always choosing to stay at the One Niseko (I’ve posted positively about it in the past). This is definitely our last visit! In the future, we will stay at any one of the other attractive offerings (of which there are SO MANY!).
Reasons for my dissatisfaction are as follows:
1) Booking ahead SIX months in advance did not secure us a family room in the newer wing (where we have always stayed). I questioned the front staff about this upon our arrival, when I discovered the issue. The manager refused to consider a move and, indeed, did not even bother to come out of his office to discuss it with us directly.
2) The building and its amenities are run down, old and poorly maintained. Cups and utensils are filthy, walls are dirty and so on.
3) After spending the entire day out on the hill, enjoying the slopes, we returned to our room to find that the cleaning staff had left our door open. Actually, they had left it ajar! I brought this up with the hotel manager, and his lack of concern for the matter could not have been any more evident. The front desk staff were very apologetic and concerned about it, but the manager is responsible for these matters.
3) The breakfast buffet is soooo TIRED! They won’t cough up the money for a proper toaster, but expect hotel guests to spend damned near $1000/night during high season!!!! Ridiculous! A $25 BnB offers up a better variety of foods!
4) The Cigar Bar is gone! This, alone, provided me with enough grief to leave a horrible review for the One Niseko. It was the single largest contributing factor leading me to choose this location. The fact that I could enjoy a cigar, a whiskey and some good conversation after a day on the slopes made this a fantastic hotel. I walked into the now...smoke free bar, to find absolutely NOBODY in there. It appears that making it smoke free has also made it patron free.
5) The guests.....more and more of them are coming from the Mainland (China). Enough said. Unfortunately, this seems to be affecting all hotels. Now, it’s time to find one that the Chinese are not aware of!
6) The staff could only provide us with one room key.... for two adults and three kids! Seriously!

That’s all for now... and we are only on the FIRST NIGHT of our two week stay here!
I cannot wait to see what else transpires in the next while!

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank maxkK7214TC
Arnaud D, Manager at One Niseko Resort Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Greetings from One Niseko resort Towers.

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your stay experience.

The room allocation is depending on the booking you made. If you booked a studio suite, on reservation had allocate you into a studio suite.

I forwarded your comment concerning the room door to housekeeping manager for immediate service improvement.

We decide to turn the cigar bar into a non smoking bar, as the majority of our guest are looking for a smoke free place to have drink. And in fact, the bar attracted much more guest this year than previous years.

We hope that you had a great ski holiday here in Niseko and do hope you give the onsen a try if the opportunity arises in the future. It truly is a treat and Japan is a great place to enjoy the relaxing baths.

Thank you again for your review and have a great day. We remain at your service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

Minimum house keeping. Unpredictable daily water outage! And here's a little story which makes this is one of the worst place I've stayed for a very long time. We saw fireworks at the supermarket and the kids wanted to see if we can play with them at the hotel, so I asked Taro which is this guy at the front desk, he pointed out to this area at the front we can do fireworks and he will give us a bucket for disposing them. So we bought a bag the next day, at night we went down to ask for the bucket with the kids, another lady at the front desk said we can't do fireworks at the front and I told her Taro told us we can do so, so Taro came out and told us our fireworks is too big? I took out the small little sparkle sprinklers which is no longer than 10 inches long on a tooth pick. He still insisted it's too big! Money was wasted! Kids are disappointed! On top of the unpredictable daily water outage, I wouldn't recommend anyone staying here! Very unpleasant stay!

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank platinumbarryB
Arnaud D, Manager at One Niseko Resort Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review - every review is very valuable.
We are sorry to hear that our service and facilities did not meet your expectation. Rest assured your comments will be definitely shared with in our management team for further improvement to maximize our guest experiences.
While extending our apologies for this inconvenience, we hope that you will consider to come back to our hotel again.
Sincerely

Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

We stay here for 3 nights during the winter. Outside the hotel look old and the front entrance roof look creative but not useful during the raining & snowy time. And it also create inconvenient to unload luggage. But inside look modern n nice. The breakfast is tasty and yummy with good variety of selection. Onsen is good with outdoor that has sulfur onsen. Staff very helpful and frontline staff very fluent in English. Room just nice with good cooking facilities. Overall good stay for family and we will come. Thank you.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank peggyangtan
Arnaud D, Manager at One Niseko Resort Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing One Niseko Resort Towers for your recent vacation in Hokkaido.
I am very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. On the other hand, thank you for your comment regarding the front entrance roof. You are a valued customer and your feedback is appreciated.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us when you next visit Hokkaido.
Sincerely

Reviewed 6 October 2019

Wow! what a relief after spending the first 3 nights in Japan in tiny, claustrophobic hotel rooms we arrived in this stunning resort. Surrounded by green, luscious landscape and staff speaking adequate English. The room was beautiful, modern, clean and comfortable. More attention could be made to instructions for appliance use.... the humidifier looked dangerously like a kettle!! All hotel compendiums in Japan hotels that we stayed in were devoid of intelligible English language....they need to lift their game before the 2020 Olympics!

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Meg R
Arnaud D, Owner at One Niseko Resort Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2019

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. On the other hand, thank you for your comment regarding the appliance instruction. I will share the information with Housekeeping manager.
You are a valued customer and your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed 19 May 2019

Wi-fi was not working properly throughout our 8 day stay, particularity frustrating for international guests without local network coverage.

Very friendly staff told me on numerous occasions that they had asked management to fix the problem but it fell on deaf ears.

One of the bus drivers was generally rude (guy who wears a handkerchief around his head under a baseball cap). Did not help with loading and unloading luggage, never smiled, gave sour looks. The other driver was the exact opposite, very helpful and friendly.

The location is inconvenient, you have to rely on the shuttle bus (not that regular), or local restaurants to ferry you around (not many offer this service). Taxis may as well be non-existent; the operator will tell you with glee that they're fully booked and if you do manage to get one the prices are eye watering.

My recommendation...

If you're travelling far to get good pow, do it properly... pay a bit more and stay in the main village, it'll be worth it overall.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Arnaud D, General Manager at One Niseko Resort Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Dear Patrick,

Greetings from One NIseko Resort Towers.

We are very grateful for the time you have taken to offer feedback on your stay.

I am disappointed to hear of your less than perfect experience. We seek to make our hotel inviting to guests from all over the world and I am sorry that it was not to your liking. I am especially concern, that we couldn't fix the WIFI in your room during your stay. For next winter, we are planning to install a new WIFI system which will allow our guests to connect more than 6 appliances per room and use more bandwidth.

Concerning the location, we are located in Moiwa (Niseko). And if you are planning to spend the majority of your time at Hirafu (Kutchan), you will indeed feel that our location is inconvenient, as it takes 30 minutes drive to reach this area. There is plenty of excellent restaurant who are offering pick up service around our hotel and the taxi rate to enjoy dinner in the neighbors restaurant remain affordable.

I will pass this feedback along to the Maintenance Manager and our Operations Manager for their attention. I am glad the team member help you to have a stay.

We hope to have the chance to impress you next time you visit. Thank you again for taking the time to give feedback on your stay.

Have a great day.