“Good Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Second choice after first choice was closed for a week! Turned out Ok. Good food and good portions. View of the harbor.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Ate here expecting decent Thai food (but was admittedly not expecting much, given the stellar location on the beach with ocean/lagoon view) -- but was pleasantly surprised! Fantastic dishes -- Pad Thai and yellow curry were fresh and seasoned just right, Thai ice tea was tasty but not too sweet, and service was friendly and professional. All in all, great place - will return for sure!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Coming in to a small beachfront ethnic restaurant with a group of 9 persons presents a challenge to the management, and so one has to give them latitude as there were times when things got very confusing, they clearly were not up to serving a large group and so I believe this affected the quality of the cooking-we came for lunch, and the 1st mistake they made was to first give us a multi page menu, then halfway through ordering, they handed us a one page menu for lunch, which left everyone thoroughly confused. Stars of the kitchen were some of the appetizers-espec "calamari popcorn",, large pieces of calamari, breaded and deep friend, wonderful;! Then lightly skewered chicken with a marvelous peanut sauce-exceptional. I was disappointed with the coconut yellow curry, especially as I asked it to be on the hot and spicy side-often Thai restaurants try too hard to cater to American tastes and so give us neither Thai nor American: a fried rice with seafood and vegetables comes in a large serving, over flowing the plate, and would be great shared by two kids and they would love it, ideal dish if there are kids in the group- there was a surprisingly large amount of seafood in the rice:The Pad thai noodle(a staple in any Thai restaurant) was disappointing and especially since several of my guests, 4 from Switzerland, had never had Thai food so I thought surely they would get this right-not so, and again this may have been due to the rush we put on them -there was no tamarind fire in the noodle and it looked like they forget the peanuts, its a favorite of my Eurasian wife, and when she left half of it on the plate, I knew things were not going well. Thai Ice tea was well liked though. The soup served with the lunch and dinner was thin and watery-a thick tom kha gai with lots of coconut milk would have been great and I can't believe they didn't have a pot of it cooking somewhere. All that negative stuff being said, I congratulate the owners for trying present Thai cuisine in a setting hardly ideal for this kind of cooking and it is an exotic alternative in a typical beachfront series of eateries.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We came in for lunch about 1:00 there was one other seated table but a group ordering Togo from the counter. We decided to stay. Once we were seated it took about 15 min for the waitress to make
It back to our table since it to-go area was packed. Once we ordered only 1/2 the table was served salad event though we all ordered the combination had to ask for the rest of them and revived them about 5 minutes after asking. Combos had a lot of food. Take out seems very fast but the tables service seemed to be impacted by the busy take out service. I will say the server was very nice. Maybe we caught them in a bad day.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Was starving after a sales call and decided to come here ... Loved the view of the ocean while eating this absolutely delicious dish.
I ordered it at 10 hot which was perfecto to my liking!

The temperature heat was scorching hot which is exactly the way I liked it.

Service was excellent and overhaul a very very happy satisfied customer and will definitely come back!!

Cheers