Days Inn by Wyndham Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$170
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$123
EconoLodge
US$363
US$305
Hilton.com
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
US$429
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$229
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$280
Travelocity
  • Pool
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$358
HotelsClick
US$329
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsoutlet mallacross the streetyogurtfree shuttlefree breakfastshuttle service to legolandwalking distancebreakfast roomlego landpremium outletslegoland visithot tubthe hotel offersnice poolflower fieldsgreat place to staypool area
Reviewed 18 May 2018

This is a mid to low tier hotel, that has the feeling of a hotel slash motel. Its a pretty good value (during the time we stayed there. One thing to note is that the name is a little misleading - its by the freeway, not the sea...

The rooms are decent, but had some issues like the bathroom sink stopper not working, the bathroom fan cover was missing, and the shower faucet was cracked. Also, we wanted a king bed, but the beds must be a queen since its on the small side.

The property is a little tired on the outside - the bright red fire alarm next to our room was obviously broken which is disconcerting.

The pool is great - a decent size and I think its a salt-water pool. The pool is the best part of the hotel.

Also, its very close to the outlet mall, so if you like shopping you can walk there from this hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a room that doesn't face the street
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank justin44
Reviewed 7 May 2018

From 9 PM til 3 AM we experienced one problem after another relating to old antiquated equipment. My wife has medication that requires refrigeration when its stored. First the heater in the room didn't work. It blew cold air. They came and fixed it. The fridge didn't work at all. They replaced it. The new one barely worked and would not keep food at a safe temprature which according to food safety requirements is 42 degrees. It barely was under room temperature even though turned up to high. Maybe because the fridge had to be plugged in to an outlet strip instead of the wall and it wasn't getting enough electricity. I dunno. We'll find out soon enough. Then the toilet plugged at 3 AM. That can happen anywhere but when we asked for a plunger we were told we couldn't have one til maintenance came back in at 6 AM. My wife headed to the nearest all night CVS to buy one. 20- minutes layter a security guard shoiws up with a plunger. By the time she got back she was ticked, said she couldn't sleep anyway so we checked out at 4 AM and headed home.

This was a Friday night. We called the next day and asked for a manager. Got a voicemail and no return call. Monday I asked for the general manager. Got a voicemail and no return call. We called 2 more times and left voicemails for managers. Its been 9 days now. No calls.

We called te County of San Diego. and City of Carlsbad about the fridges and the the outlet strips. They both confirmed they will investigate. I do not have results yet so I don't know what found. If someone from management had bothered to call back I'm sure we could have straightened things out but my guess is they think they are so close to LegoLand they can operate with impugnity. My advice is pay a few bucks more and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick one at a different place
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank arthur r
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Expect an outdated motor lodge next to outlets, freeway, and chain restaurants. Room was clean despite a spider next to bed. Sliding door did not lock and we found it slightly ajar which was a safety issue for us. Went to breakfast- out of coffee, unappetizing, left and went to Starbucks instead.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We came here to stay for two nights to take our son to legoland. We got a pool view room with a balcony which was amazing ❤️ The room was nice but it's and older hotel with a some things a little worn out but we enjoyed it and everyone was nice. We took advantage of the free breakfast which was fine not the best or the worst but we definitely took advantage of it. We also had a view of the flower fields which was amazing. Overall this is now our go to hotel for our Legoland trips! There's a fridge and microwave!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Let me start by stating this is a great location for LEGOLAND. They offer a shuttle and it’s walking distance to the outlets/food.

When we arrived the walkway was littered with bags of dirty towels and housekeeping carts. It appears that housekeeping left for the day and didn’t bother to clean up. The housekeeping carts were eventually removed but the bags remained through the next day.

While the room appeared clean at a glance, it was quite dirty. There were crumbs located near the edges of the bed just under the bed skirt. Also we found a cockroach the day we were leaving. GROSS. When we informed them at checkout, they simply said ok. They would inform housekeeping. It didn’t seem like a surprise to them at all.

The lady at the front desk was friendly, but the staff in the breakfast area was incredibly rude. When asking for a lid for their coffee cups, he ignored me. At first I thought he didn’t hear me, but when I asked again he snapped at me stating “NO MORE LIDS”. I believe this was because it was toward the tail end of breakfast and he didn’t want to restock.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family