Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$160
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$149
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$183
Hilton.com
US$150
US$90
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$329
  • Restaurant
US$119
US$110
HIExpress.com
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$275
Official Website
1,069 results
All reviewsacross the streetluxury suitesurf boardstropical paradisewithin walking distancefull kitchenbeach accessgas firebeach towelsjacuzzi tubputting greenperfect locationrestaurants and shopsgrounds are beautifulcarlsbad villagegreat roomliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The first time we stayed at Ocean Palms the week after Christmas 2016 we enjoyed our stay so we thought we would try it again this Christmas. The property has many pluses with close access to beach, Carlsbad village, and you are able to cook in the room if you are not wanting to go out for every meal. This year our stay was much noisier and the walls are not very sound proof. If you are looking for a quiet getaway this could be a hit or a miss.

Room Tip: There are few rooms where you can see the ocean from your room you have to ask the staff when you book for the numbers.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank John H
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We had a work retreat here and they went out of their way to move us around and to make sure we were all comfortable due to the pool being worked on. Everyone was very kind and helpful and the property was very nice and well kept, and the rooms are all wonderful. The GM and all of the staff went above and beyond for us! Everyone all had a wonderful time and really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Each room is a little different but they have full kitchens and common spaces for eating or just hanging out.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2017

My husband and I planned our Thanksgiving Family Vacation at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort this year. It went beyond our expectations. Not only are the premises gorgeous with a tropical flare but the rooms were very clean, neat, spacious, well kept and nicely decorated. We rented five units, two of which had two bedrooms, one had a one bedroom and the other two were luxury studios. All had really nice kitchens. But I have to say, what made this resort stand out from other beautiful resorts we have stayed in, was the staff. Especially Tiffany and Jose!! They just made our trip feel very special. They always greeted us as if they were truly very happy to see us. They went above and beyond hotel customer service. Since one of our units had a bbq in the front yard, we decided to bbq. Tiffany surprised us by making sure that she made an extra batch of cookies for my whole family that afternoon. When one day we were all going down to the beach, Jose made sure that we had everything we need...towels, chairs and umbrellas. I didn't even know they offered umbrellas. Because my family is addicted to coffee (Starbucks machine in lobby), we were always in the lobby getting another cup and each time, Tiffany and Jose were absolutely a joy to see in the mornings and afternoons.

Since I was the one to set up and plan our Annual Thanksgiving Week Family Vacation this year, I was the one always on the phone asking questions, making reservations and confirmations, adding rooms, etc....I always had the pleasure of working with Tiffany through this "could have been tedious" task...but she made it soooo easy for me/us.

I own a business myself and I know when I see outstanding employees...these two, Tiffany and Jose are them. I was honored to be able to meet one of the owners in passing. I told him that if I lived closer and had my business, I would steal Tiffany and Jose....LOL.

Ocean Palm Beach Resort is our new favorite! We will be back...and that's a promise!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms and locations. The resort is quaint. You just can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Rooms are incredible! Staff is excellent! The grounds are maintained to the better than my home. Room rates are just fine. 30 steps to the beach and walk to a variety of restaurants! Many places for the ladies to shop downtown! Train/Coaster and buses get you around anywhere you would like to go! I met the owner and is a very friendly man! Pantry store on the location also! 10* stay! Thank you T.R. Carlsbad, Ca.

Room Tip: Any room is awesome
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Stayed there with a group for a long weekend, everything from the welcome, to the location to the rooms were amazing. The people that worked there were all very friendly and seemed to really like what they did. We loved the fire pits and hung out there each night, the beach was across the street, and the rooms had full kitchens and were beautiful. We will be back.......

Room Tip: some of the 2nd story rooms had a peak a boo view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business