“Getting better”

Add it.
West Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

For some horrific reason my Dad loves Chinese buffets. I guess its quantity over quality. Well anyway I've been here a few times and as expected it was just adequate.
But this time it's been close to year since last visit- and I was pleasantly surprised by the improvement in quality. The crab legs are not 2nd rate, the sushi was fresh and with variety and they had limitless sashimi.
While this isn't my favorite dining spot, I would return without dragging my feet.

Much improved. Thanks

Reviewed 15 August 2015

You go inside and you get a horrible smell. Everything looks disgusting and looks like it has no maintenance. They take your order for drinks and get everything mixed up. You go and serve yourself and it stinks. You serve yourself and the counters are dirty, there's food spilled on the counters and the workers are at the counter talking like if there was no work to be done. The bathrooms are disgusting and it makes you throw up, there's paper everywhere on the floor, no soap, and it says "Wash your hands." on a tissue. In the dining area there's a mess, chairs everywhere, falling over, people tripping over things on the floor, and if you look up the ceiling is dripping water. And the food is horrible the salmon tastes like nothing, the sushi has been there for who knows how long, and it looks like the place never got inspected by a health inspector. And, worst of all the "manager" has such a bad attitude she needs to learn how to talk to customers. And they charge you do much you could eat at Olive Garden with better quality and it would still be cheaper than this crap of a place.

1  Thank Angrycustomerjeidi7o
Reviewed 4 September 2014

This place is surprising large, but it is just a typical American-style "Asian" buffet. The food is reasonably good, and the selection is certainly superior to the other local buffets.

The prices however are a bit steep and the service can be really slow. On the last visit we had a lot of seafood and it was well prepared. It is in the parking lot of the Westfield Mall in Carlsbad, but never seems overly crowded. Would probably return, if I had my brood of four 6'5 foot-plus teenage nephews and their families or other big eaters with me. Then it is a good value.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We came here to eat after a long drive to visit family. We were Super hungry and Super disappointed. We left still hungry and paid way to much for the service & food we received.

2  Thank Totally_A1_Tourist
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Greasy and poor variety. Sushi bar was ok but was not labeled so we had no idea what we were looking at. Dessert selection was pretty good. 15% military discount but still a steep for the food we were eating.

1  Thank J S