8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Site
US$335
View deal
StayForLong
1,360 results
All reviews champagne and chocolates wine and cheese reception cove view carmel highlands big sur hot tub overlooking the ocean romantic hotel every afternoon crackers waves crashing private balcony point lobos watch the sunset complimentary breakfast beautiful room san francisco
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2022 via mobile

Such a magical place! My husband and I ended of 11 day California trip with a couple of nights at the Tickle Pink and I’m so glad we did. The room was lovely and the view was to die for. The beds and budding were sublime. We enjoyed the breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese overlooking the sea, and spend an hour on a drizzly afternoon in the hot tub. The area is spectacular and just begs for you to explore it. Close to great dining and shops.
I can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Krysty Parker, General Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2022

We look forward to your return visit! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 17 September 2022

My husband and I stayed here for two nights this summer while driving up the PCH from LA to SF. It was our favorite place on the 9-night trip. The room was comfortable and the service was excellent. Our favorite part was enjoying the complementary bottle of champagne in the jacuzzi on a cool, gray evening while listening to the waves crash against the rocks. It was utter and pure relaxation. My only complaint is that the walls are THIN. We could hear our neighbors' movie blasting through the walls at 3am, but they did provide noise machines in every room, and now I know why! We live on the East Coast and in my lifetime I may never get back to Carmel (so many other places in the world to see!) but it is absolutely a place I would recommend and be excited to return to if ever I get the chance.

Room tip: All are good
Date of stay: June 2022

I am glad that we were able to provide you with a place to unwind and relax. If you do make it back for another visit please never hesitate to call our night manager if there are any noise issues. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 September 2022

We stayed at TP Inn in mid August. The hotel is located right above Hwy 1 and the views are breathtaking. It's obvious they've put a lot of effort into making the hotel a luxury destination. The lady at check-in was extremely cordial and took a lot of time explaining the hotel and what was included - fresh baked cookies in the reception at 3; wine & cheese reception in the late afternoon/early evening; additional firewood location; drinking water station, old movies on DVD, etc.

We stayed in Suite 16. It's on the top floor, a corner unit. Very spacious room, extra large patio, with a stunning panoramic view of the coastline. The room furnishings were comfortable, the bed linens were of high quality and I appreciated all the extra pillows! There are real full size glasses in multiple areas of the rooms, and large coffee mugs & wine glasses, an full size coffee maker with coffee grounds, a microwave with a nice size sink, real plates and flatware. TV's in both the living room & bedroom. The bathroom was a bit small, but well appointed. The bed was more comfortable than most hotel beds, it's no Tempur Pedic, but we found it to be above average.

A bottle of champagne, long stemmed rose and box of chocolates was brought to our room upon our arrival.

The hotel was very quiet! Not sure if it's adults only, but there wasn't a kid in sight!

Cocktail hour featured red & white wine and plenty of variety of cheese, crackers, etc. The patio area has a beautiful view. The breakfast was plentiful, coffee, tea, variety of fresh juices, great pastries & bread choices, fruit, cereals. hot items - ham, sausage, bacon, egg bites, potatoes, etc. were ok but overcooked on both days we ate there. The egg bites had some sort of lemony flavor to them, which was a bit off putting. But all in all, a very nice breakfast setup.

A few things to note:

The parking lot is extremely tight. our rental car was a full size sedan and still tight. there was a truck parked there but I wouldn't recommend it if avoidable.

The entrance road is shared by the Hyatt, You drive past it on your way up the hill. It's a narrow road and a decent amount of traffic, delivery trucks, etc.

Hwy 1 noise - the hotel is literally right above the coastal hwy. I was concerned about this when booking the hotel. If the doors/windows are closed, you can't really hear the traffic, unless a loud car or truck drives by, which we did heat at 1 a.m. However, when sitting out on the patio or having the windows/patio doors open, it's definitely a distinct traffic noise. If you're coming from the City, probably not much of an issue. But coming from a quiet rural environment, it's kind of annoying. Not as peaceful as I'd hoped.

Although most CA coastal areas don't really need AC, there are some times when it's much appreciated. We were there in August. The mornings are generally overcast on the CA coast at this time so the air is crisp and cool. However, the afternoons & early evenings the sun is directly overhead and shining right into the room. We found it to be extremely hot, stuffy and uncomfortable in the room. We left the floor fan on all day when we were gone, but it didn't help much. We'd open the patio slider and tiny window in the bedroom to cool it down, but it wasn't enough. I suppose you could leave everything open when you're gone during the day, but preferred our room to be locked up. There is a potential for another guest in adjoining room to crawl over onto your patio. Unlikely, but possible. Once the sun went down, it did cool off. I can appreciate the extreme cost for the hotel to install an HVAC system, but maybe some mini-splits?

It cools down quite a bit a night so was a bit chilly in the room. There is a wall heater in the room. It's an old school heater that kind of puts off a burning smell when it clicks on. But it did heat up the bedroom.

We didn't use the wood burning fireplace because it was already too hot in the room most of the time. The room had an off putting smell from a previous guest using the fireplace. Kind of smelled like sweaty horses to me. I live on a ranch, so . . . . LOL! I suppose if they had a HVAC system that provided better ventilation, this wouldn't be an issue.

The bathroom had no fan, just a small window that opened out onto the walkway for all the other rooms, and had no screen. Kind of strange to be in the bathroom with the window open (yes there's blinds) but you could literally touch, and hear, the people walking by.

Hyatt - you can walk to the Hyatt restaurant in a few minutes. It's a bit of a hill, so if you're not in decent physical shape, coming back up may be an issue. We only had dessert there, but it has a stunning view and the food seemed decent. The desert was tasty. It is fairly expensive!

Point Lobos is about a mile away. Even if you're in good shape, walking to it is not recommended since Hwy 1 is pretty tight with no decent shoulder to walk on. We drove over every morning, got there about 7 - 7:30 a.m. and were able to park along the road, just a quick walk to the entrance. There were only a handful of cars when we arrived. But we we came back to the car around 10 - 10:30, WOW there must have been a hundred cars parked along the Hwy. Get there early!

You can be in Carmel in about 10 minutes. Big Sur about an hour.

Room tip: Suite 16. Stunning panoramic ocean views from every window & xl patio.
Date of stay: August 2022

I am happy that your overall experience was a pleasant one. We do not at this time have AC in all of our rooms as the temperature is usually pretty cool due to the he ocean breeze. On the occasion that we do have warmer than usual temps we have portable AC units available upon request. I am very sorry if this was not mentioned to you at check in.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 August 2022

We have stayed at some beautiful places over the years, but Tickle Pink Inn was something special. We arrived after dark so we didn't immediately see the view although I knew the water was out there from the pictures online. I woke up early the next morning to see the view from our private terrace & it certainly did not disappoint. It was beyond spectacular! I immediately felt relaxed! The breakfast that morning was fantastic! Every single thing we ate was so fresh; the croissants, the pastry, everything!! I hadn't even remembered that breakfast was included so this was an especially nice surprise. We had planned to get an early start at Point Lobos that day, but quickly revised our plans so that we could enjoy the Tickle Pink Inn & all it had to offer. Taking home the slippers was a nice souvenir. I mentioned when checking out how much I loved the oatmeal soap & asked if I could take an extra home. The person in the office gave me three bars instead of 1. In addition to a well appointed room (so luxurious!), once in a lifetime view & delicious breakfast, we also had a cold bottle of champagne chilling in our room & some specialty chocolates when we arrived. Our only regret was that we stayed for one night instead of two. For the rest of our trip I kept calling the Tickle Pink Inn the Tickle Me Pink Inn because that accurately reflected how our stay made us feel!! If you have the opportunity, stay here. Worth every penny! We hope to be back again one day!!

Date of stay: August 2022

We are very happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. Please think of us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

Family owned for three generations, the Tickle Pink hotel has the most magnificent setting in Carmel. The spacious , tiled balconies overlook the turquoise ocean, and the setting, or riding sun. Watch the fog roll in while you enjoy breakfast on the covered deck. Wine and cheese every afternoon. Great and accommodating staff. I can’t come up with enough superlatives to describe this hotel. We stayed for a week and will return with enthusiasm. It’s comfortable and lovely. The housekeeping staff is excellent and the rooms are immaculate.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Krysty Parker, General Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

I do believe the fact that the Inn is still family owned is a great part of it's charm. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.