8 people are viewing this hotel
US$174
PricelineUS$189
TravelocityUS$174
Lol.travelUS$202
All reviews the hotel is conveniently located premium room pet friendly room big sur updated rooms cannery row walking distance easy access hot tub nice pool love this hotel excellent stay nice amenities very pleasant stay great place to stay short drive anniversary trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2022

First time in the States, staying with friends in San Francisco and doing road trips to Sequoia, Napa, Santa Cruz and Monteray.

Stayed in a couple of airbnbs and a Quality Inn. This was the first place we stayed that felt up a notch and like we were on a relaxing holiday.

Pretty, contemporary and with a touch of class. Staff were super friendly and helpful - particularly as we arrived late on a Sunday, hungry, with children, restaurants all closing early and needing vegan food options. They directed us to the Indian restaurant just behind the hotel, who were really accommodating and the food was great.

Nice rooms. Enjoyed the pool. Had a drink in the evening around the firepit at the front. Would recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so happy that you got to experience the Carmel area on your Road trip and hope you will return someday and tell all your UK friends. Safe travels.

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

Where do I start - we stayed here 5 years ago and I really liked it so when we returned to California this year the Mission Inn was an obvious choice for our Carmel stop.

We arrived and the front desk was busy, the lady could not find my reservation (I had booked through Booking.com about 6 months previously.) Eventually she found my booking (!!!??!!) and we were allocated a room.

I booked a standard double Queen - the room we were allocated was on the ground floor with a bush covering the entire front window - the room felt like a dungeon. I returned to the reception to complain and was provided with another room - this had slightly more light (not hard) but still resembled a prison cell.

I returned to reception and complained further and was told there were no other double queens available. I asked to speak to the manager and was told she was not there.

I know Carmel is expensive but I still expect to get value for money. This hotel is a remodelled motel but with boutique hotel prices (I pay less for a room in Manhattan!)

We went out and when I returned I asked to speak the manager and surprise surprise she was there (contrary to what I had been told.) I explained my issues and we were moved to a new room on the first floor.

What a difference- the room was modern, bright, spacious and overlooking the pool - lovely! If we had been allocated this room in the first place our stay would have been very different.

So the pluses to this hotel
1. The pool area is lovely
2. The communal areas/lounge etc are nice
3. Situated at crossroads with shopping and restaurants facilities.
4. Short drive into centre of Carmel.

The service is not great. On our last night we had a drink in the bar - the first time we went to the bar the server was friendly and engaged in conversation. I did not tip (I stood at a bar and was served a drink - no table service.) The second time the bar tender barely said two words and shoved the bill across the bar.

So would I return - no. Although once we were moved the room was lovely and the stay improved if you stay here it is too much of a gamble depending on what room you get.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2022

Thank you for your feedback. I have review this with our team and we have put together an action plan to address the service issues you experienced as this is not the norm for us. As we have some new team members at our front desk we are spending more dedicated daily training time with them on customer service and the same in our restaurant. This is not the experience we would ever want you to have. We continue to look at ways to upgrade our rooms and our services and hope that you would give us another chance on your return to Carmel. Please reach out to me directly so that I may assist you with your next reservation and also thank you in person for your feedback. The information you provided will only make us better and we appreciate you for being honest with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2022

We have stayed at CMI several times and have enjoyed ourselves. I made a reservation using my United Miles and they gave us a room that was UNINHABITABLE. Small,dark room (425) by the elevators and the loudest ice machine. It sounded like we were in a wind tunnel. We called to get another room, offering to pay more but was told the hotel was fully booked. We were told by Essan that he would contact Expedia and my miles would be refunded. (I have this in writing from him).I called the hotel and they are taking no responsibility in contacting Expedia/United Hotels. BEWARE...Dont get stuck with the rooms on the backside of the hotel. Our room number was 425. This room should not even be an option for anyone to stay in.

The good thing is that we left there and had a great stay at the Quail Lodge. Highly recommend it. Large , clean and quiet rooms. Friendly and professional staff.

Date of stay: July 2022
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2022

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We did refund your room but have no access to refund miles. We certainly hope you will give us another chance when you return to Carmel.

Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

We really enjoyed our weeklong stay here. The location is fantastic extremely central and an easy walk for breakfast, coffee etc. Also easy to get into town or to hop on Highway one to go somewhere different. The staff was extremely welcome and accommodating. The hotel is exactly what you would expect for a three star hotel. The rooms were clean the housekeeping staff very accommodating. The grounds are beautiful it’s obvious that everything is well cared for. Large pool and hot tub area for both families and couples. We didn’t try the dining room but it gets good reviews. Huge outdoor spaces for relaxing. If you have a dog they welcome your pet. They put names for the dogs staying there on a chalkboard out front.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2022

Thank you for the kind feedback. We are glad that your were able to enjoy the pool area and hope you will get a chance to try Shearwater Tavern on your next visit. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 July 2022 via mobile

The Carmel Mission Inn is super nice, clean, remodeled, and comfortable. It is located centrally within Carmel close to restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping.
We loved it. Second time came back to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for making Carmel Mission Inn your home when in Carmel. We look forward to your return.