4 people are viewing this hotel
Official Hotel
US$195
Free cancellation until 04/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$192
Trip.com
US$192
Free cancellation until 04/12/22
EtripUS$192
Agoda.comUS$254
Algotels
All reviews fire pit granola hot tub boutique hotel outdoor fireplace lovely hotel sister hotel walking distance common areas great amenities glass of wine few blocks comfortable beds shops and restaurants upstairs room street parking nice stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2022 via mobile

Absolutely loved how clean and quaint Hotel Carmel is! Excellent location, great amenities and worlds best staff! Anne & Kathleen super accommodating! 10 out of 10 recommend. 5 out of 5 stars. Would definitely come back again. Thank You!

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2022

Everything was good for me except unsecured internet. As a solo traveler I felt safe throughout the day and night both on the premises and walking back from OceanAvenue. Many places to eat close by without having to walk to other side of Ocean Avenue. Be aware there is no elevator if you have an upstairs room. If you don’t mind 2 sets of stairs there’s a great view from second floor and it’s great exercise too! The jacuzzi made my day each night. I really like that amenity and breakfast had fresh berries among other wonderful selections.

Reviewed 7 September 2022

We loved our stay at Hotel Carmel. The location is perfect, the decoration is excellent, the rooms are so comfortable, the fireplace in the rooms were so nice. The breakfast and daily baked croissants were delicious. We found our hotel in Carmel and will definitely come back.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 6 September 2022

Be very careful! Call and ask what each nightly rate will be. The rates you see on their website are not the same fees you will be charged. Front desk clerk apologized and did agree the email was vague and did not show where charges were coming from. Rates on their website showed $329 to book a very basic two queen room. During our stay I asked to see a breakdown of the charges. Thursday night room rate was over $600 and Friday and Saturday nights were both over $800. After they looked at my booking confirmation email and agreeing that it did not give a breakdown of charges, all they could do was remove $60 worth of amenities fees. Feels like a bait and switch!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bbird bbird, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2022

Dear Krystnbutler,

I apologize for the situation with the rates and I regret the disruption that this caused during your stay. As with any hotel, our rates do vary from weekends and weekdays. Many hotel booking sites do average the rate to simplify the reservation process. I am sorry to know that your stay did not reflect the typical Hotel Carmel experience. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to review the folio.

Regards,
Brett B.

Reviewed 23 August 2022

1, we had two room and they were not next to eachother as confirmed on mutiple calls before our arrival. Had to spend time to sort that out.
2. no staff other than Anne. She is lovely but its so sad the company would do such a thing.
3. rooms are horrific. bathrooms are very old.
4. one night there was no hot water in either of our two rooms nor woudl the fire place work. It was 50 degrees outside and cold.
5. upon check out. no one was there to help with bags.
6. none of the conversations with Anne about the issues were notated in the computer.

Date of stay: August 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bbird bbird, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Dear P A,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback provides information important to our ongoing improvement efforts. We endeavor to provide all of our guests with an exceptional experience, and we clearly failed to do so during your recent stay with us.

I apologize for your disappointment with your room assignment and I regret any inconvenience this caused. We do have many different room types and sizes. We are taking a look at the points noted.

Given another opportunity, I am confident that we can provide the memorable experience that you should expect at Hotel Carmel. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your future plans include a visit to Carmel. We would be most happy to arrange your reservation. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards,