Lowest prices for your stay
Official Hotel
US$239
Free cancellation until 04/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
US$210
Algotels
US$256
Trip.comUS$210
Etrip
Agoda.comUS$264
All reviews fire pit granola hot tub boutique hotel outdoor fireplace lovely hotel sister hotel walking distance common areas great amenities glass of wine few blocks comfortable beds shops and restaurants upstairs room street parking nice stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2022

Style over substance. Great location and looks good, kept clean and tidy but dated bathroom/shower with old fittings let it down. Struggled to wash hair some days due to water pressure. Our room very dark with no air conditioning and not able to open window. Quite noisy at night from other rooms and balcony above. Pleasant courtyard and good food at Brophys bar next door but in my opinion more a motel than a hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bbird bbird, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2022

Dear T7340KTangelaw,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback provides information important to our ongoing improvement efforts. We endeavor to provide all of our guests with an exceptional experience, and we clearly failed to do so during your recent stay with us.

I apologize for your disappointment with your room assignment and I regret any inconvenience this caused. We do have many different room types and sizes.

Given another opportunity, I am confident that we can provide the memorable experience that you should expect at Hotel Carmel. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your future plans include a visit to Carmel. We would be most happy to personally arrange your reservation. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2022

The price was way too expensive for the quality of the room. We realize your paying for location in Carmel, but almost $3000 for 3 nights and the pet fee was a total rip-off. Brophys was serving alcohol after 9pm, but didn't offer any food. Not even simple snacks. How can they serve drinks without food responsibly? Very disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bbird bbird, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2022

Dear Bethkel4,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience at Hotel Carmel. I apologize for the service lapse that you experienced and am embarrassed by the poor impression that we left you with. Given another opportunity, I am confident that we can provide the service that you should expect at Hotel Carmel and Brophy's. I will be following up with the Brophy's team as we do serve pretzels from 9pm to 10pm after the kitchen is closed.

Best,

Reviewed 22 September 2022

People in our group were staying at hotels all over town for less than our rate here and the hotel was far less nice. It was horrible but it was definitely not worth $600+ a night. So that was disappointing

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2022

Let’s just say this place could easily be a 5 star but given $700+ night, it threw the value equation off for me. Rooms need an update, slightly dirty. I had buyers remorse after staying and spending so much $$$ for an average experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bbird bbird, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Dear Katiescook,

I apologize for your disappointment with your room for the price. We do have many different room types and sizes.

Given another opportunity, I am confident that we can provide the memorable experience that you should expect at Hotel Carmel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your future plans include a visit to Carmel. I would be most happy to personally arrange your reservation. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2022

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Carmel and will definitely be back. It’s a perfect location and has a lovely atmosphere. The staff were always eager to answer our questions or point us in the right direction for fun activities in the area. We rented e-bikes and it was such a fun way to explore Carmel. Riding to the beach and the 17mile road were highlights!