“Enjoyed the Fired Chicken - old fashioned style”

Clementine's Steak House
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Carpinteria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I have enjoyed eating here multiple times over the years. They have a good selection of entree's. Plan on an extended period of time for your meal. Come hungry. Take time for dessert.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

This is a throw back but well worth the visit and go hungry because there is ALOT of food. My friend had the large plate of fried chicken (4 pieces) and it came with a potato, but wait! Thats not all, a starter soup or salad, homemade break and includes homemade pie for dessert. I had the New York, grilled very nicely. Prices were fair for the amount of food. The cherry pie was nice and tart, the double crust was a bit tough so it was not fork tender and served with homemade whipped cream. My husband had the banana cream, huge chunks of banana and not too sweet. My friend had the blackberry which had as the same crust as the cherry. Hospitality was lovely would go again. Kinda kid friendly, they had a kid menu but it’s not a quick meal. Glad to see someone local still be in business, don’t get me wrong chains and fine but do like to support the local independent businesses.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We used to love to go years back, when in college, and was more of a meat eater. Now we tend to be more of a vegetable and fish specialist. The food was always excellent, and the portions grand. No one ever left hungry, nor disappointed.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

My inlaws live in Carpinteria and we have been to Clementine’s a few times. Each time has been wonderful. You really do feel like you are a guest in someone’s house and they are making a multi course meal just for you. My water glass was always filled and any questions I had were answered kindly. I ordered a “petite dinner” with filet mignon. The first course was a delicious split pea soup that I could’ve licked clean from the bowl. Then a full plate of veggies and meat perfectly seasoned. And ending with a generous slice of handmade pumpkin pie. My father in law had the chocolate fudge pie and I wish I could get that recipe! Oh! And the home made bread at the start of the meal is so good it doesn’t even need butter. They also have a very nice wine list and kids menus in children’s books which is so clever!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed a 5 course meal with a retro atmosphere and some of the most attentive service we've had anywhere. Fresh condiments, bread, & pie all made right there - the meals and even the vegetables cooked to perfection.

We enjoyed the home made split pea soup & clam chowder in a regular sized soup bowl, a full salad on a full plate with home made dressing. 5 fish choices (2 local). We enjoyed the snapper and the halibut. Even the baked potato was remarkable.

Topped off the meal with homemade apple & rhubarb pie. Waddled out feeling like we had just eaten at "moms".

On a side note, they handled food allergy issues like pros, and with a smile.

Our new Go-To place for dinner whenever we're in Carpinteria.