US$166
Hotels.com
US$219
US$169
Agoda.com
All reviewsclean sheetssafe neighborhoodmini fridge and microwaveworked greatfirst floorfreewaylotionconditionerdryercaliforniaproximity
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We rented 3 rooms because our adult children were with us. We all had rooms on the first floor. Staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were super clean. Our beds were very very comfortable with clean smelling linen every day. Rates were affordable. Motel located across the street from a huge mall. We were conveniently close to everything to include being close to many great places to eat. Motel is close to the freeway. Highly recommend this hotel for families and people on a limited budget. Don't forget to bring your own shampoo and conditioner and a blow dryer. There's a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Room Tip: We loved iur rooms on the first floor if you have luggage or trouble climbing stairs. No elevator in hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah T
Liz C, Manager at Motel 6 Carson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Carson, CA #4665. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

- clean room
- enough towels provided

Don't Like
- Hallway smell is awful
- Windows unlocked and screen broken. Easy access to criminals.
- Water on bathroom sink is weak.
- Our booking was cancelled because my card was declined. I didn't get any notification from hotel nor booking.com. Motel told me they are not obligated to tell me as per policy. This policy is not customer centric and should be changed. Is it really that hard to inform customers? Good thing it was not high season they still have empty rooms. i paid the rooms using the same card.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank trocarshop

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I must admit, I HAVE NEVER STAYED AT ANY HOTEL'S 6 in my life....but I must admit, when I searched online and reviewed other comments...I said ok. I am stationed in Germany, and I had to go back to Southern California to see my sister who is dying from Cancer, and I needed a place basically just to lay my head, take a hot shower and return to the hospital. My EXPECTATIONS of what a Motel 6 looked like was totally wrong. My king size bed was comfortable....I think my bathroom was for accessible handicap...but it still was all good. If I had to return to southern California, I would go back to the Motel 6, in Carson California....the staff was nice and helpful, when the batteries was low in the remote control, and they gave me batteries with no problems...there is a laundry facility and business center...the only thing I would add is to put a desk or small table w/chair in the room so others can work on their labtops. I would recommend this Motel 6 to friends and family

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacy W

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Motel 6 - Carson, CA #4665.

We strive to deliver an excellent guest experience and I am happy to hear we did just that during your recent stay.

We look forward to your next stay with us at Motel 6.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

The front of the building is nice. In the morning there's someone that wipes those nice modern sofas down. Check in was nice and quick. The front desk was very helpful. Housekeeping did a great job. Parking is free. They don't provide breakfast in the morning but they do have a coffee station in a room next to the front lobby where they also have vending machines for drinks and snacks.

I had a room on the first floor of the back building. The room itself, although cleaned very well, had seen better days. Everything was old and you got the bare minimal, but that's what you get for the price, and I didn't mind. No iron/ironing board ($20 deposit at the front desk if you need it) or hair dryer. They provided towels and a little soap bar. Thankfully, Target was across the street and I picked up travel shampoo/conditioner and liquid bath soap. The bathroom light was dim but I got used to it.

My room was about halfway down the hallway. At each end is a glass door entrance/exit that should have been secured. The door on my side was unlocked for anyone to walk in or out. On a few days you could smell marijuana walking in through that door. In the evenings I didn't feel comfortable walking through there but by the time we (my son stayed with me a few days) returned to the hotel the parking lot was full with just a few spaces in the back.

The good was the proximity to the mall, freeway and numerous eateries, and the great staff including housekeeping. The bad is that back building. I wish they would enforce the security of that back door, then I'd give them a higher rating. I may come back if there's another event in that area.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front building.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynde808

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We were pretty much looking for a place to just sleep, we weren't going to be in the room much and were on a budget, this hotel was perfect for that! Cheap, good location, close to the places we wanted to go visit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julieg0710

We look forward to your next stay with us at Motel 6.