“Best Deli Sandwiches Ever!”

Lucca's Italian Deli
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Castro Valley
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Always great custom made sandwiches, worth the wait if there is a line - additional parking in the back

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I have heard a lot of good things about the Deli, so i decide to try it out. So, I walk in and everyone is busy making sandwiches, so I look up and down the counter and explore the cold cases to make a choice. So I am standing at the counter waiting to be waited on for about five minutes. A gentleman walks in and says hello to the blond haired lady and they commence to carrying on a conversation, totally ignoring me. I was hungry, I liked the space the tabled area, had chosen a seat, but left the place because I felt ignored. I sincerely hope this was an over sight, but I left there with a bad taste in my mouth.

1  Thank Sunshine M
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We give Lucca's Deli a high rating for a delicious sandwich. Very fresh and satisfying!
Want something quick for dinner, buy one of their prepared pasta dishes to cook at home. Grab a number when you enter from the counter. It was our first time and we didn't know the protocol, wasting a bit of time. Staff was good and plentiful so you didn't wait too terribly long to order. There are two ice cream places within walking distance from Lucca's if you want dessert - one go east on the sidewalk and the other is across the street.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Their sandwiches are customized with care. Lots of meat and very delicious.
Whenever we have a gathering for crafts, we always order their sandwiches by calling it in ahead of time.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I love salami! I love provolone. A good place to go as I recall short lines pleasant service. Good parking..