“Basic large portions Mexican fare”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Molcajetes Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 99 Restaurants in Castro Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Somewhat bland but very large portions. The accompanying hot sauce was excellent and I spiced it up a bit by using some. Rice and beans were just ok. Next time will order a la carte and stick with the enchiladas and tacos which were quite good. Tamale was very bland. Very friendly and excellent service. Chicken salad was good too.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Appears to be a family owned restaurant, very friendly and careful attention to you, assisting with ordering and recommending upon request. Small parking lot, not too large but roomy for groups. The food was plentiful. There is no waay to eat the complete meal in one sitting. I know I had to take the rest of my Taco Salad home. He ordered the sizzling steak, it came with tortillas, beans and rice, that was a lot to consume. The food was good! We left there a little stuffed! Oh and the chips and salsa were tasty.
!

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Want to know where a great Mexican restaurant is located? It is here and most of the hispanic community would agree as most of the diners are hispanic. With prices for sub par Mexican food being relatively high at most other restauarants, this is the exception. It is reasonably priced for what you get, especially for lunch. Best of all, the a la carte menu is cheap...about time someone figured out you shouldn't charge 4.95 for a taco to add to a dish.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

This is where we go when we want chicken soup and we're too tired, or sick. to make it. My wife gets the Chicken Tortilla and I get the Chicken Vegetable.

The Seafood Molcajetes look really good to, but I've never tried them.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

This is a decent Mexican restaurant and they are relentless on the complementary tortilla chips. I especially like their Chicken Soup, a brothy but loaded soup that is great for one of those cold Bay Area days.