“Great food, great service, good prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Molcajetes Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 97 Restaurants in Castro Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We stumbled on to this place being at an event at the church next door on a Friday evening. I tried the a la carte tostada Al pastor and a chicken enchilada. I asked for the "hot" special salsa and they brough it. My friend ordered the tacos. Both were really good. It was so good that Saturday evening after the event about 15 of us "dropped in". They arranged a long table and served us quickly efficiently and with a smile. Saturday night I was famished and ordered the pastor burrito, a chimichanga and a tostada Al pastor. The Al Pastor was my favorite. The food was great and they willingly split the bill by individual so no muss no fuss. We are definitely coming back.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Besides the usual tacos and enchiladas found in every California taqueria, Los Mocajetes serves a number of dishes not found on the generic menu such as stews, egg dishes, and seafood. The setting is an ugly strip mall, and the café is plain, but the menu is tilted towards Guerrero and Jalisco cuisines. Beer and wine available.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

Somewhat bland but very large portions. The accompanying hot sauce was excellent and I spiced it up a bit by using some. Rice and beans were just ok. Next time will order a la carte and stick with the enchiladas and tacos which were quite good. Tamale was very bland. Very friendly and excellent service. Chicken salad was good too.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Appears to be a family owned restaurant, very friendly and careful attention to you, assisting with ordering and recommending upon request. Small parking lot, not too large but roomy for groups. The food was plentiful. There is no waay to eat the complete meal in one sitting. I know I had to take the rest of my Taco Salad home. He ordered the sizzling steak, it came with tortillas, beans and rice, that was a lot to consume. The food was good! We left there a little stuffed! Oh and the chips and salsa were tasty.
!

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Want to know where a great Mexican restaurant is located? It is here and most of the hispanic community would agree as most of the diners are hispanic. With prices for sub par Mexican food being relatively high at most other restauarants, this is the exception. It is reasonably priced for what you get, especially for lunch. Best of all, the a la carte menu is cheap...about time someone figured out you shouldn't charge 4.95 for a taco to add to a dish.