“Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

The other night we went to The Olive Garden for dinner. I was dying for a salad. Can't never go wrong with salad and breadsticks from any Olive Garden. We arrived at about 8:40 pm. We were created by a very nice gentlemen who was very noledgeable of the daily going ons. Told us our waiters name and went on his way. About 5 min later our waiter shows up and takes our drink order and our appetizer order. We went with the sampler platter. We also ordered dinner at the same time as we were ready! Drinks came and we waited and waited and waited.
Finally like 20 min later we recieved the appetizers. He sets down 2 plates, 1 with
Calamari and 1 with Mozzela cheese squares and walked off. We all looked at each other and said. Where are the stuffed mushrooms. He came back like 10 min later and we asked. Doesn't the platter come with mushrooms?
He was like ohhhh I'm sorry I just wrote you up for 2 items. I'm sorry. Would you like the mushrooms.
We said no it's ok the food will be here before we get them. Well the appetizers were ok but the calimari was just luke warm. Now we wait and wait and wait. In the meantime a couple sits down beside us. They order and their drinks and salad come out immediately. We were like wow that was fast. Still waiting for our dinner. The waiter came out and appolagized for the delay. We waited a bit more. It was about 20 to 10 when we finally recieved it. Needless to say the people across from us had already recieved their dinner and looked quite happy. WTH
My Alfredo pasta was delicious. Whatever my son had he said was delicious but my husband was not happy. He ordered pesto with meatballs and sausage. Everything was cold and the pasta was a big clump.
So the moral to the story waited way way way to long for food that a lot of was cold. So I would have to say that we are not going back to this Olive Garden in Chico

1  Thank Susan H

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We had dinner here on a Tuesday night but the place was busy. The service was good but a little slow and she seemed too quick to want to clear our plates even before we were finished with our food. She never asked us if we would like to sample any wine, which made us decide not to have any. Our food was good and plentiful.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Because of a problem with lactose (I can't eat it--at all!), I can have trouble finding choices on Olive Garden's menu. The soup-and-salad lunch is a go-to for me, especially since the pasta e fagioli has no risk of exposure to lactose. That makes Olive Garden a favorite stop when I'm out for lunch with a friend.

On this particular weekday, I ate the pasta e fagioli while my friend, Gail, ate the chicken gnocchi soup. We both enjoyed the salad (hers with cheese added) and the bread sticks--always good!

While I do wish I could find more edible-for-me options, everything on the menu looks and smells wonderful. The soup-and-salad lunch menu will continue to be a go-to for my friends and me.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This restaurant is located just off of Highway 99 in southern Chico, convenient to the Oxford Suites hotel across the street where I was staying. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was generally good and plentiful. I liked the way they had numerous bottles of wine that they will pour you tastes of, as well and recommendations for wines to accompany the various dishes. My meal included a huge house salad and the Chianti Braised Beef & Ricotta Gnocchi, both were great values and quite good. Coupled with the great service, it’s worth a return trip.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I went to Olive Garden because it was right by my hotel and my family had a little fit asking why I'd go to a chain restaurant when Chico has such amazing independently owned options. I'd agree.
Although Olive Garden's food was great tasting there were definite cons to going.
1. Had to wait to get a table and they had tables available. Not sure why the wait but I got the impression everyone who worked there was slow.
2. Once at our table the elderly woman sitting at the table next to me started to complain loudly about pretty much everything and it felt like the staff didn't want to deal with her which made her complain more. Not really a great atmosphere.
3. The check from the previous table occupant was still on our table.
4. They had amazing wine, but I paid $8 for an 8 oz glass and then I found out I could buy the whole bottle for $12 at bevmo. Super rip off!
5. When my husband and I were ready to go, the waitress came by and said she'd get our bill and then asked, "you guys ate super fast are you in a hurry to go somewhere or is that just your normal speed?" To me, that's a rude question to ask. What kind of server asks that? Should be happy to have us move on so you get another group in and another group to get tips from.
If you need somewhere quick to go, go to Applebee's next door. Maybe they won't be slow and rude or if you have time go to the Sierra Nevada brewery instead.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!