“A Big Suprise”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Pinata 6
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Walking into La PInata, I wasn't encouraged. A big, cavernous restaurant that looked to me the typical Tex Mex place with lousy food. But seeing all the tequilas available (why o Mezcal?), I started feeling better. I ordered the fish soup and my wife the seafood tostada. First of all, the soup could feed four people, and practically did since we took half home and had it the following night as our dinner. But it was really, really good! Great seafood in a spicy, delicious broth. The tostada was also excellent, very fresh and tasty fish. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I have eaten food in many places in Mexico, and here in California, but the food here at La Piñata, is the best I have found. Who knew that Concord had such a gem. I now have a new favorite Mexican restaurant, and it's only 10 minutes from my home. I shared this complement with the establishment and now I share with you. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We had a small business lunch here. Food was decent and at a fair price for the area. Service was good. Nothing specially good or bad.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I went for dinner with a couple of Friends. The place overall, didn't seem to clean. I observed a few napkins and the likes on the floor. Even when the place was empty there was no hostess and waited for about 15 minutes for somebody to come over and sit us down. I order the tortilla soup as an appetizer. The taste was ok , however the pieces of tortilla were stale, very hard , and difficult to chew. I only had a couple of sip and I had returned it. As main dish I order the taco , pretty much the same thing. The tacos were extremely hard , terrible taste and seem that they were reheated quite a few times , before they were served. The other people on my party had the same issue with the food. Terrible taste and most of the food was left on the table .
I wouldn't recommend this place at all . In addition, taking into consideration the service, the place and the food, the prices are way to expensive .

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is not gourmet dining, but La Pinata does serve good food and the prices are very reasonable. Though a bit on the Tex-Mex side, the food is more authentic than most US Mexican restaurants. The menu is extensive and has the typical offerings. One delight if you are hungry or sharing is the whole snapper. Drinks are very generous and will make the food go down that much easier.

Been to La Pinata 6 Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar? Share your experiences!