“Good Mexican food”

Meson Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #215 of 324 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Typically, walking into an empty restaurant with the server sitting by one of the tables looking absolutely bored portend mediocre food at best (if Lady Luck were being gracious that day, of course). This is what we saw when we came to Meson Azteca and I almost backed out had I not seen how the aforementioned server practically light up when he saw his first customers of the evening.

The service was incredibly warm and stayed constant even though the restaurant got more diners within our stay. Our waiter gave us chips and salsa when he gave us the menu. The chips were good, but the salsa was just alright. We ordered two soft tacos al pastor, wet burrito with grilled chicken, and carnitas super burrito. I also asked for a spicy salsa on the side, which was addictive in its deliciousness.

The tacos were quite pretty and very tasty also. The wet burrito, which I ordered with half red and half green, would have been better off just as a super burrito. The fillings were tasty but the salsas were just not very flavorful. The super burrito, I was told, was fantastic. All orders were quite generous and reasonably priced.

Just a block off of Todos Santos Plaza, I know I will be back to Meson Azteca for tacos and burritos