US$86
Economy Inn(Corning)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$65
US$63
All reviewscasino buffetrolling hills casinobreakfast buffetpet friendly roomtile floorscasino offersnon smokingi highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffmini fridgebeds were comfortablevery nice hotelcaliforniatruckerstowelsstopoverrv
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Went first to the other Hotel at Rolling Hills, its attached to the Casino and was full for family rooms. They directed us to their sister hotel. The Casino Hotel had an indoor pool which seemed a shame when it was like 100f. The Inn had an outdoor pool with was awesome. Pool towels at reception too.

The Inn staff were awesome, friendly, polite and efficient. The Family room was a good size and well furnished for the rate we payed....Manages Special of like $88. AAA was $95 at the time I think. Whole place was clean, beds comfy and bathroom towels fine. Fridge and microwave in the room as well as a good air conditioner. Wi-Fi was free and worked well. I was able to make VOIP calls no problem from the room.

We had complimentary breakfast tickets for the morning in the Casino Buffet. Which was a great change from normal stay and go hotel breakfasts. Were a family of 4 so breakfast on the road is a $40/$50 affair so this was awesome value.

Right next door is the truck stop and we used the Club Laundry and cold beer store. Both great with friendly staff. The Club House also has showers, hairdresser, fax and internet service.

For a stay and go location the Inn is a great place to stay. Right in I-5 with all the amenities you could want for an overnight stay. My wife even got a free Rolling Hills mambeship which gave her 50% off food in the Resort and $10 free slot credit.

So in a nut shell I can not say enough good things about the stay we had there. It felt like they almost paid us to be there!

Room Tip: We asked for quietest rooms and got one of the last rooms from reception on the second floor. Never heard a things all night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank datawx
Lee S, General Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

I'm so pleased to hear that you had a terrific stay with us! This is our goal for each guest who arrives, and it is nice to hear that we met our goal for you. Thank you for writing such a fine detailed review about the services available on this property, we look forward to repeating your great experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here twice on a trip up to the northwest and back. Very nice rooms with a loveseat, refrigerator and microwave. Good internet access and a breakfast at the buffet next door. The room was quiet and very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RetTravelers
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very nice hotel. My children enjoyed indoor heated pool & I enjoyed the Rolling Hills Casino. Breakfast buffet included daily with stay. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank MenagerieTribe
Lee S, General Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! It is a great benefit to everyone that the two hotels here allow guests to swim in either pool, The Lodge with the indoor heated pool, and The Inn with the sunshine and waterfall. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The only pleasant moment of the experience was the lady who took the reservation over the phone. The dirty spa and pool, the hallways that smelled of sweat, the uncomfortable beds and the old and worn bed covers were the first impressions to greet guests. I wasn't terribly upset because the room was priced cheaply at $114.

However, my problems began with the staff when I asked for another towel because there were only three in the room (2 adults, 2 children) and I wanted to get towels for the pool area, as well. The young man behind the counter said that I would have to "sign out" for the towels and he was not terribly polite. When he handed me the towel I could see a hair hanging down from between its folds. I asked him if I could a towel without a hair and he insisted that there was no hair. I asked him if I could have another one and he shook the towel out and handed to me again. I asked again if I could get a different towel and he stuck his hand around the corner and I heard a cupboard door open and close. I am not sure if I ever got a clean towel and I was just disgusted by the experience. He was so rude and sneaky and I felt as if I was under suspicion for theft.

The following day just before we left my son and I went down to the pool. I received a phone call telling me that my elderly father was experiencing a tremor on his left side as well as some tingling. I hurriedly asked my son to get out of the pool because we needed to leave and then started through the lobby. As I past the desk I noticed three people standing behind it chatting, a maid, the front desk clerk and a man in a t-shirt who was drinking coffee. I had left one bath towel (my son had taken with him) and the two pool towels on chairs so I asked if it would be a problem if we left them there. The clerk answered that I would need to go get them unless I wanted to be charged. I asked how she would even know what room the towels were from and was there a sign off form? After all I had signed in. I asked her to get paperwork ready for me while I went back to the pool to get their towels. By the way, she could see the towel from where the three of them stood at the front desk. I went back out to the pool gathered the towels and came back in and tossed them up on the counter and told her my name and my room number as I continued on past the desk.

When I got to the room I gathered my family and belongings and headed back to the lobby to sign out. She stood there with her arms folded and said "What you did was inexcusable. You threw towels at me" Ridiculous. She never once behaved, in any way, professionally. She did sigh and tell me she was "Used to ..." this type of treatment. When I asked to see her manager she told me that she was not in that day. When we asked for the managers card she pointed with her chin to a rack of cards on the counter behind a straw basket of oranges and said "They are right there. You walked past them"

A suggestion for the management would be to hire adults and to screen future employees for histrionic personality disorder traits.

Overall, this was a horrible experience.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

I am so sorry you did not experience a pleasant stay with us. It began on the wrong foot with a misunderstanding about the pool towel. Our new clerk, who was indeed in training, misheard the word “hair” as “tear.” He needed to get a replacement towel from the office because we had a very high volume of guests that weekend and there were none left at the front desk. I was present and overheard this conversation, so I was able to teach him that the proper procedure for future guests would be to give the guest a new towel first, ask questions later. We do have a sign out procedure for the extra-large pool towels which we have had to implement due to the many towels which go missing.
As for the following day, may I first express my sympathy for your father’s health issues. The front desk clerk, who was the same individual who took your reservation, was unaware of this. The staff which was meeting that moment to determine which rooms needed maintenance for the day; were also unaware of an emergency. When the clerk tried to explain about the need for the towels which had been signed out the day before to either be turned in by the guest or left in the room, she was trying to help you. There were many guests here, and it would be easy to get confused and inadvertently charge for missing towels if another individual had taken them before we were able to collect them. When I arrived, apparently a half hour after you checked out, a witness to the event expressed dismay to me at the violence with which the towels had been thrown at the clerk. I’m sure this was unintentional and due to emotional distress.
Again, I apologize for the misunderstandings which occurred during your stay, we pride ourselves on friendly service and hospitality.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Drove to Shasta, CA over the weekend and stopped overnight at this casino resort in Corning, CA. The casino is pretty moderate sized, the inn itself is small and detached from the main casino building. It may have been because of the holiday weekend that no rooms were available but 1 smoking double beds-sized room. We requested to check the room first before checking in. The room was not too offensive though it was a smoking room, it was clean, service was good, so we ended getting it. Room rate was $124/night, plus $10 per extra person. There were four of us in the room. We had to walk back to the main building to use the indoor heated pool/spa which was open 24hrs. A plus is the complimentary breakfast which consisted of wide selection of breakfast menu. Wouldn't mind staying at this in again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family