“Terrible! Do not stay here! Refused to honor prepaid reservation.”

The Inn at Rolling Hills
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This hotel is terrible. Do not stay here. They refused to honor our reservation. Despite having a guaranteed and prepaid reservation, they would not give us a room. The check-in receptionist was incredibly rude and sarcastic when we arrived and basically wanted to get rid of us as soon as possible. It was clear the hotel had given away our room and left us stranded without anywhere to stay. Absolutely avoid this place at all costs. They clearly don't care about their guests at all, even when you have fully paid for your room they will give it to someone else if they feel like it and leave you stuck with nothing.

Room Tip: Terrible staff, noisy, rude, they will cheat you.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen H, Owner at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication, Ian, and for the frustration this inconvenience caused you. We encourage you to book directly with us to avoid errors in bookings that sometimes do not show up in our system. Unfortunately we were sold out. Again I apologize and hope we'll have a chance to make things right in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I'm sure it is actually a fine place but I have no way of knowing. We made reservations, called to confirm, arrived around 9pm to "sorry, we are sold out." Wow! The clerk was not even remorseful.

I understand things happen but first off should have received a call immediately and second the clerk should have been a bit apologetic.

Property looked clean and in a safe area. Would have been nice to stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen H, Owner at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

I apologize for the frustration the miscommunication caused, Ricky. When you call the hotel directly to make your reservation and guarantee it with a credit card, there should never be an issue. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were on our last night driving home from Alaska. We were anxious to find a nice pet friendly hotel. I called ahead in the afternoon to make a reservation for the same night with an 11:00 arrival time. Reservation was made quickly and courteously. We arrived a little after 11:00, checked in quickly to a very nice room with two queen beds and tile floors. All pet friendly rooms should have tile floors and this was the first one we've encountered. Room was very clean. The Rolling Hills casino is right next door. Had a very quiet and restful night. Went to a very nice breakfast buffet at the casino, using our two free coupons provided with our stay. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen H, Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to write this kind review of our hotel, Lynn. I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay and spending some time in the casino. Thanks for visiting. I hope you stay with us again whenever you're back in the area.

Take care,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great place to spend the nighnight. The rooms were nicely appointed and clean. However, the carpets in the public areas and the elevator were extremely dirty. The pool was beautiful and sparkling clean.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Karen H, Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Carol, I'm glad you enjoyed staying at our hotel. I assure you, cleanliness is a top priority here -- we do our best to keep all areas tidy including the public halls and elevators. I appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration moving forward. I hope you'll stay with us again whenever you're in the area in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last year on a trip to Sacramento and decided to return this year. This place is right off of I-5, in the same parking lot with Rolling Hills Casino. It takes about a minute and a half to walk to the casino.
Included with your stay are vouchers for the HUGE buffet breakfast they have at the casino restaurant.
The room was beautiful like last year. Very clean. The shower was great and the bathroom spotless.
All around great stay and we will be back again in the future. They also cater to truckers and give a nice discount for a commercial drivers license, trucker or not.
Another great stay folks. Thank you!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen H, Manager at The Inn at Rolling Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

It's awesome to hear your first visit last year made such a good impression on you that you and your wife returned again this year, Mike! Thanks for taking the time to spread the word about our hotel -- we appreciate it. We look forward to your return in the future.

Karen H.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
5.7 km away
35.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area
3.3 km away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Been to The Inn at Rolling Hills? Share your experiences!