“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of The Toasted Barrel

The Toasted Barrel
Ranked #25 of 379 Restaurants in Corona
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Description: The Toasted Barrel is a trendy restaurant & wine bar, 188 seat, dining, bar, lounge & patio concept. We're all about wine and a great dining experience!
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The overall ambience was nice. The hostess, waitress and waiters were friendly and helpful with the menu and wine selections. The meal began with a free appetizer, a nice touch. I ordered the cajun prepared Salmon, it was fresh and tasty. My dinner partner ordered the herb chicken which was also tasty.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Yes it may very well be. Fine dining that rivals The Mission Inn right in Corona. It has the atmosphere, the food, and the wine expected. The service is also top notch. They are only open for dinner and brunch on Sundays, but give them a try. They won't disappoint.

The food is excellent. We loved it. I was really surprised.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We returned for happy hour last week & we had a very pleasant time. The staff & one of the owners came by many times to check on us. The drinks & the food were just great.
We were told they are planning to have a area for music & dance so that should we a big
news for people who like to dance. We do not have such a place in Corona so I hope it goes well. We had very good service as well.

1  Thank BeverlyJeanRodriguez
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This restaurant confused me a little. I thought it was going to be more of a wine bar. However, I found the wine list decent but not expansive. There was not a tasting menu that I found. But the dinner menu large with great specials. So maybe the hotel guided me incorrectly.

Regardless, the food was very good,and the wine was fine. The owner greeted us and checked on us, which was a nice touch. The restaurant was very dark, almost cave like, so it fine for dinner with a friend but would be difficult if you were conducting any type of real business.

I would return again for the dinner specials.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Inconsistent comes to mind regarding service and food. The wine is always good. We've had delicious duck and a beef soup that tasted like canned. I've never liked the crustini (so hard it hurts my 40 year old mouth) and feta/whole calomata olives they bring before dinner. The cheese/olives roll right off your bread like they're trying to escape being eaten. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I've had family and friends also eat here, they've given a few tries too and it just isn't cuttin it. I'd like to try they're brunch but my hubs is so unimpressed I may not make it in. Toasted Barrell we wanted to love you but...

Been to The Toasted Barrel? Share your experiences!