Hotel del Coronado(Coronado)
US$513
US$439
  • Pool
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$260
US$255
US$190
US$399
US$386
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
El Rancho Motel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$119
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$329
Coronado Inn(Coronado)
US$152
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Beach Village at The Del(Coronado)
US$1,499
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelotis elevatorbeach chairsquiet streetcruiser bikesprosciuttoyogurtcontinental breakfastcomplimentary bikescoronado islandsitting roomorange avesmall hotelqueen roomthe main dragrestaurants and shopsbed was very comfortable
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This a beautiful 15 room boutique hotel! From the moment we stepped into the lobby we knew this was a special place. Loved the sitting area where a continental breakfast is served and a special one hour "Wine Down" on Friday afternoon. The courtyard is impressive, where we enjoyed our late evening coffee. The rooms are quiet, clean, and the decor is up-to-date. Fresh flowers by our bed was a nice touch. The only thing old about this 1920 area building is the original Otis elevator. Be sure you ride in the elevator! Marisol is definitely a return hotel for us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jordan G, General Manager at Hotel Marisol Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for submitting a great photo! Robert M, congratulations on your 44th anniversary. My staff always commented on how much they enjoyed seeing your smiling faces every morning while enjoying complimentary continental breakfast. We hope you return for another visit for Friday Wine Down and more exceptional customer service. We are grateful for your kind words!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My new wife and I love Coronado, and we're very grateful to have stopped for a few nights at Hotel Marisol on our honeymoon. I believe what made it especially great for us was the service. We were greeted warmly by Leah (pronounced "Lay-uh" like Princess Leia from Star Wars) who seemed just as excited about our new marriage as our friends. She even offered us a glass of champagne to celebrate! The rooms are newly renovated, the free breakfast was exactly what we were looking for (e.g., fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, muffins, coffee), and the location is off a quiet side street.

Seems like a perfect place for a couples getaway in a beautiful location. And be sure to ask for Leah - she is the best and will make your stay well worth it. Thanks to her and a pleasant stay, my wife and I will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank nicholasw545
Jordan G, General Manager at Hotel Marisol Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear nicholasw545,

Congratulations!! Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Marisol for a few nights. My entire staff and I were delighted to host you both. Thank you for mentioning Leah on your review, I'm positive she is smiling at your kind words and the Star Wars reference.

My entire staff delivers first class customer service, I'm pleased you took notice.
We look forward to helping you make everlasting memories on your next visit. Hotel Marisol is humbled by your generous review, thank you. Congratulations once again!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This was our 2nd time staying at the Marisol, the first time was 3 years ago. We were so impressed the first time that we had to come back again! This time we were celebrating our anniversary and my birthday. Everything was just as wonderful as it was the first time. Leah at the front desk, was a delight. Anything we needed, she helped us with, and she was so friendly. We love that the hotel offers complimentary bikes, towels and beach chairs. It made our trip to be able to hop on the bikes and travel all over the island. We also love the close proximity to the beach. This has become one of our favorite places to stay, for so many reasons! We look forward to coming back to visit soon!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jordan G, General Manager at Hotel Marisol Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear msellers8,

It is always wonderful to see familiar faces! It was our absolute pleasure to host the both of you for a few days. Thank you for the staff shout out, I am more than certain that Leah was all smiles when she read your thoughtful review.

My staff and I are humbled, truly, by your amazing review. You have highlighted all of our complimentary amenities down to our convenient location. We appreciate you!

Thank you so much for celebrating your birthday and anniversary with us. Come visit us real soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We enjoyed everything about our stay here; the rooms are beautiful, comfortable and very clean. Every evening we were in the courtyard, and it was quiet in a garden setting with great weather. We used the bikes and they were easy to ride and a great way to get around town. I would have given a 5* had the service been consistent across all staff. The housekeeping was a definite 5*, but reception upon arrival was just average. I expected more at $400+/night and compared to other experiences at boutiques. Although, the other personnel were accommodating and friendly, I would just suggest working on the welcome protocol with the one employee. Everyone else seemed to do a great job. The location is ideal and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear luv2tripalot,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write us a review. It is very much appreciated. We are all very delighted to hear that you loved our hotel and convenient location. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful courtyard.
I am sorry to hear that your check in experience did not meet your expectation. My staff is committed to provide exceptional customer service. From the moment our guests walk in until our guests check out, excellent customer is a must. I apologize once again and we do look forward to hosting you soon. Warm regards to you and yours.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This 15 room boutique delivers in a big way. When we made reservation, one of the things the hotel asked was if we had any special needs. We put down vegan diet- not expecting much. Upon check in - which was smooth and seamless- we entered room to find vegan goodies for the family. This was really a nice touch! Jordan, the General manager, even left us a nice note in case we needed anything more.
Everyone at the hotel was professional, courteous, had a smile and genuinely seemed to care- front desk ladies and housekeeping.The complimentary water bottles provided everyday are a nice amenity... as most hotels charge for everything.
The complimentary bikes came in handy for a nice ride to the ferry landing. the bikes are very high quality and come with locks.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay again when returning to Coronado.

Room Tip: not near elevator
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jordan G, General Manager at Hotel Marisol Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

ejst, you have left us speechless. Thank you kindly!! We are humbled and thankful for your genuine and kind review.

My staff and I do our best to accommodate all special requests. We take pride in genuine and professional customer service and I am delighted that you and your family got to experience it for yourselves.

Again, we are thankful for your wonderful review and kind words. Come visit us again real soon!