Hotel Marisol Coronado
US$301
US$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$203
US$219
US$199
US$398
US$335
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
US$249
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$188
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$379
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Crown City Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$165
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$243
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelbeach chairsotis elevatorcruiser bikesquiet streetyogurtprivate courtyardlight breakfastcomplimentary bikesexplore the islandbreakfast was delicioussitting roomorange avebeach cruisersqueen roomthe main dragsmall hotel
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Just returned from staying here for 5 days. Incredibly relaxing, friendly staff, and perfectly located. Just off of the main drag near great restaurants and shopping. Only a block and a half from the beach.

Lovely lobby and courtyard area. Nice continental breakfast in the morning. The beds were amazingly comfortable!!! They also have bikes and beach chairs and towels for guests to use.

Antique Otis elevator that is beautiful, but a little slow. We ended up taking the stairs most of the time, so keep in mind if you have any mobility issues.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Leah D, General Manager at Hotel Marisol Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Shanna C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a phenomenal review. My staff and I appreciate you!! We are all smiles that you had an "incredibly relaxing" 5 day stay. Taking full advantage of all of our wonderful, complimentary amenities. I do believe, you owe us a photo of your newly adopted family member. From all of us at Hotel Marisol Coronado, a huge thank you to you both and congratulations!! Come and visit us soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We recently spent a week at the Hotel Marisol. We had a queen room at the front of the hotel, and it was lovely - comfortable, sparklingly clean, and full of sunshine. We really loved eating breakfast in the courtyard each morning. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The location of the Hotel Marisol is really great - on a quiet side street two blocks or so from the beach, but right near all of the restaurants and shops on Orange Avenue. We walked pretty much everywhere - out for dinner, down to the beach, out for coffee and gelato. It was also easy to drive back over the bridge to San Diego.

Room Tip: Our front corner room had windows on both the front and sides - really nice light!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

BMarieSom,

My staff and I want to thank you for allowing us to host you and yours for an entire week. It was an absolute pleasure.

Thank you for pointing out Hotel Marisol's location. It is ideal for beach goers, shoppers and restaurant lovers. Nestled in a quiet neighborhood, just a few blocks away from the beach. Who needs a vehicle when you can take a nice stroll or rent out one of our complimentary bikes, right?

Thank you so much for your review. Warm wishes to you both!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This lovely hotel is a two-minute walk from every shop or restaurant you could ever want, but you'd never know it because the street and immediate neighborhood are totally quiet. It's also a two-minute (maybe five?) walk from the beach - in short, a great location! If you want to ride the beach bike path, they have free bicycles, a nice convenience. The rooms are elegant, clean, and comfortable, the front desk staff extremely friendly and helpful, and the light breakfast is very nice. Best of all, we could open our windows all the way!! This is something I mourn in so many warm-climate hotels - we come for the warmth and fresh air and then can't open the windows. Not so here. I only had two very minor complaints, if you can even call them that. You eat breakfast off your lap; there are no tables, but that's OK. And finally, about the bedding. I happen to hate duvets because you either roast or freeze. I asked for a regular blanket, but all they had was another even heavier duvet. These two minor issues were miles outweighed by the positives. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

"Charming and quiet", such a sweet compliment. Thank you, LEB123. We anticipate your next visit. Warm wishes to you and yours!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I was in the area for business but staying here made it seem like a vacation. the location is perfect, smack-dab in the middle of shops, restaurants and near the water but a few steps off onto a quite side street makes all the difference. Of course the rooms and fresh and bright a lovely welcome to the are, but it's all the little things that make it well worth your while. It's the fresh flowers around the hotel and in your room. It's a real throw on the bed and not just a piece of colorful cloth to add color to the room. it's the different and most welcome items put out for breakfast that you are not going to see at at your run of the mill location. it's all the extra toiletries provided that you are going to have to stay here to see. A relaxing court yard and very friendly, helpful staff. When I come back for vacation I am staying here!

Room Tip: a second or third floor room may have better views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank txsjilvams

txsjilvams,

"it's all the little things that make it well worth your while", YES!! I cannot agree with you more. I appreciate you noticing all the small, but thoughtful, details that Hotel Marisol offers.

I really hope it wasn't all just business and you had an opportunity to relax and smell the roses. We are very humbled by your kind review. My staff and I look forward to hosting you and yours for your vacation!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My wife and I just completed a five-night vacation stay and we can't wait to return. We considered not doing this review because we don't want the word to get out about this wonderful hotel. However, when you have an experience this excellent, others need to know about it. To start with, the staff are the most attentive hotel staff I have ever encountered in my years of travel. The level of service was impeccable. The food in the morning was fresh. The outdoor courtyard is a great place to relax. The room we were in on the 3rd floor was perfect. Clean and Quiet! Bed was perfect. Bathroom was so clean. Housekeeping staff incredible. On top of all this, the location is simply amazing. A short one block walk to beautiful Coronado Beach and just one block off Orange Ave. with all the shops and places to eat. A short walk or bike ride to the Ferry Landing to get over to San Diego. If you are looking for a simply incredible place to get away from it all yet be in the heart of it all, you've found it--the Hotel Marisol Coronado.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Leah D, General Manager at Hotel Marisol Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Tim K,

"the staff are the most attentive hotel staff I have ever encountered in my years of travel" ...You and your wife are absolute sweethearts for recognizing my amazing staff! Thank you so much. I am more than sure that they all read this with huge smiles on their faces.

You have highlighted just about everything we boast about our hotel. I truly am left speechless. With humble hearts, my staff and I want to thank you both for such a lovely review! We cannot wait for your next visit. All the best to you and yours!