Crown City Inn
  • Restaurant
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewscoronado islandminimal parkingtiny poolparking lot is smallthe rooms are super cleangift bagbeach cruisersquaint place to stayrefrigerator and microwavenice toiletrieslocal bakeryroad noisedog beachupon checkinreasonable ratesironing boardwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2018

This was such a good base for exploring Coronado Island, especially because of the bicycles offered for free to guests. They were perfect for going to the beach and out on to the Silver Strand bike path. I would stay here again just for the bikes. Our room was very adequate and clean. The restaurant looked very good, but a bit expensive for our tastes. There was a "heated" pool, but not heated enough for a January swim despite their assurances over the phone before we came. (Otherwise this would be a 5 star for us.) Very reasonable rates. Will stay here again if we come this way again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sjm1183
melissawm, Guest Relations Manager at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hi sjm1183, thank you so much for your review and feedback! We're very sorry that you weren't able to go for a swim. We are delighted to hear that you'd visit us again, and we hope you're able to come to Coronado again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Staye done night en route to a conference, because we wanted to be in Coronado. Very nice older motel, but refurbished nicely, and exceptionally clean. Cleaning staff, as well as the people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. Parking is a little limited but they showed me how to find a spot in the back.
We had a great night, no complaints at all, Great Value

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
melissawm, Guest Relations Manager at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you decided to stay in Coronado with us.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We spent one night here after spending the day and evening at Silver Strand Beach. The room was very nice, well appointed and comfortable, but was a bit crowded with 2 double beds. Check in was easy. The tiny inner courtyard has parking for just a few cars, so we were very lucky that a car was pulling out just as we pulled in! Very nice place, about 6 to 8 blocks from downtown Coronado.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
melissawm, Guest Relations Manager at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your review, Rob! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear that the room was a little small for your party. We hope on your next visit we'll be able you with a bigger space. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

After trying hotel after hotel on Coronado with disappointing results, we have finally found a great place to stay on the island. The pictures on the website don’t do it justice. Incredibly clean, comfortable rooms. My daughter was ecstatic over the fun tween gift bag she was given upon checkin. The lady checking us in was nice. The lady checking us out went the extra mile happily helping us secure our beach treasures for the airplane ride home. Sad we only had one night there. The WiFi did not work for us. No big deal since we were only staying one night but would be an issue if we were staying longer. I didn’t contact anyone to resolve it as I was exhausted, but given the level of service from everyone there I imagine this would have been resolved? Some other reviewers mentioned this as well so I’m not sure what the problem is. Parking was scarce as mentioned, but never a problem for us. No tub, but a beautiful shower. Our queen beds seems smaller than actual queen? We didn’t use the pool because the ocean is so close, but it was clean. One super amazing thing happened. I am VERY sensitive to smells. Scents give me horrible migraines. I was impressed to find that this wonderful hotel made accommodations for me to stay there comfortably. Housekeeping cleaned our room without air fresheners, and left the window open to air out any possible odors prior to our stay. Wow! Most hotels tell me there is nothing they can do (with much snark) and I suffer. This hotel went above and beyond. No migraine for me! I’m super impressed! They even have beach towels, toys to play with in the sand, body boards, and bikes to borrow for FREE! Unbelievable! I can’t wait to come back and stay longer. Thank you to everyone at this lovely place for making my stay enjoyable. Loved it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us, and your review makes me very happy for the most part. I'm so glad we won your business! I'm not happy to hear about the WiFi though, as I thought we had taken care of the issue we had recently (though maybe you were here at the same time as the last reviewer and it was the same issue...?). I believe we have the WiFi under control, so do hope when you return that you'll have glowing remarks about it too. Please do not ever hesitate to let us know if there is ANY problem--sometimes we don't know there is a problem, so it does help us for you to make it known. Take care, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent location..walking distance to friends and activities and food . very comfortable room and friendly and helpful staff.clean and so nice to have fridge,microwave and laundry right there!
Pool was refreshing and afternoon refreshments were top notch.would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Glad to hear everything went well during your stay. What we may lack in large resort offerings, I believe we make it up with the amenities you mentioned, and others. Hope to see you again another time!