“Live theater in downtown Coronado”

Lamb's Players Theatre
Ranked #3 of 51 things to do in Coronado
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful, intimate theatre in Coronado's historic Spreckels Building, with a year 'round production schedule.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Almost 24 years ago, an ambitious $3 million major renovtion of the 1917 Spreckels Silver Strand Theater was completed. Now it is home to a variety of creative productions. It is a great addition to the Main Street (Orange Avenue) of Corondo and it is great that the character and charm of the original exterior (or the flavor, anyway) was retained during the remodeling. The theater's offerings include musicals and plays.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"playhouse"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Strong perfomances in a smaller theater setting. Intimate experience. Nice noght out combiningg dinner in Coronado. Parking a bit of a challenge.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

First you need to understand I am not a theater person especially if a musical. My wife and I saw "Camping With Tom And Henry".at the Lambs Players Theater on Coronado Island. This production I enjoyed. The theater is cozy and the people there are always friendly and helpful.The seating is steep but that also means no ones view is blocked.At the far edges of seating the view is far to the left or right but you can still see everything the front center people can see. I feel the seats further up in center are better than the seats down low. Up there I can get a full view and not miss anything. The people who did the camping site set are right on with the trees, rocks, leaves and fallen wood lying around.Actors do well by me but then I am not an expert. I just know what I enjoy and this place is fun. There was a bit of language in this play but most plays are quite suitable for introducing children to the so called arts as my mother would have said. There is an intermission of about 15 minutes in the middle and they sell coffee, soda and snacks. Parking is fantastic as the parking meters are free in the evening. I recommend Lambs Players for a fun evening.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We came across Lamb's Theatre quite by chance - as we were walking from the car park to the beach late in the afternoon. Yes, it was open, yes there was a performance that evening, and there were seats available. Bingo! We bought two of the cheapest seats which were perfectly adequate. We saw "The Explorers Club" set in a Victorian London Club. We are English and have been to several real such establishments in London. Excellent set; very good casting and acting. The repeated trick with the tumblers of drink sliding along the bar and being miraculously caught was stunning.

LambsPlayers, Artistic Director at Lamb's Players Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

We're glad you found us!
Thank you for your good words.
We hope you'll visit us again if you get back to San Diego!