“This restaurant closed a couple of months ago”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shima Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #77 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Reviewed 29 January 2017

The bar & restaurant space used by Shima is closed. Reportedly a new one will be coming. In the meantime, there's a relatively new Spicy House Chinese Restaurant in the adjoining space.

2  Thank D B

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Our waitress was very nice and the atmosphere was nice as well. I felt an upcharge for chicken fried rice was a bit overkill considering the pretty average cost of a dinner (My husband and I both had filet and shrimp) almost all the other japanese steakhouses I have been too have included either steamed or fried rice...I could see if the just regular friend rice was included and there was just an upcharge to make it with chicken. I have seen much better "shows" done by the chef...it seemed maybe he was just learning. Overall, just OK.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

My brother, his wife and my cousin came to San Diego to visit. We wanted to celebrate my cousin's birthday at a Japanese Steakhouse so we made reservations at Shima. The reason I'm taking the time to write this review was because of the great experience we had and everyone must consider that the birthday boy (my cousin) is quite picky to say the least. Our server, Amanda, was awesome. She made sure that everyone there had what the white glove service we were expecting. She was able to provide insight on menu questions and was quick to follow up to ensure that everything met our expectations. The manager, Brandon (I believe that was his name) came by to say happy birthday to my cousin and make sure that everything was up to our expectations. If you are looking for a great atmosphere with great food and service then stop by Shima because our experience exceeded our expectations beyond belief!

3  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Explained to waiter needed to be back to work in 50 minutes; 65 minutes later, with light number of customers, had to tackle someone to get our bill. 1st bad review for me; usually let them slide, but not this time.......and I live here.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

First visit to this new Asian fusion restaurant. The service was average, but there is was only one waitress on lunch duty - inside and outside. The menu was extensive, but the teppan tables were not manned (i. e., unavailable at lunch). The food quality varied: gyoza was good, the seaweed salad very good, and the Mongolian Stir-fry very good. The latter was ordered with the Sambal O sauce, and was properly spicy!